Red cedar lake camp

duxbware

Went a couple years back on the may long weekend, the weather was terrible(snowed on the Sunday). The camp is rustic but the cabins are reasonable for the price. It is a big Lake with lots of water to fish, we managed some average sized pike in some of the back bays. I believe some say that you can get into some walleye near the dams. Never really got a chance to fish it because of the weather. I wish I could help more but that was my minimal experience at the camp but it looks very promising had the weather co-operated. I had a lake map but may have given it to my brother when I sold him my boat, I will see if I can find it for you.

Was there last year first week of June. The lake is great, beautiful, very unpopulated with lots of places to fish. Red Cedar Lake camp however is a different story. It's an alright place, the cabins are a little run down and a little too close together for my liking, but you get what you pay for. The owner can be a bit of a knob to deal with, he was ok with me as I was the organizer for our group and was handling the money, but most of the rest of our gang had very different things to say about him.

One thing to watch for with him, is his general lack of desire to get boats ready for you if you have some set aside to rent. Not sure what his problem was the weekend we were there, but he tried getting extra money of a few of our guys, gas was really expensive at that time, so maybe he felt he wasn't getting enough for them, not sure. If that was the case, then he should have been charging more for them. When two of our guys finally got him to get their boat, which they had pre-booked, the motor broke down on them half way out the bay, I had to go tow them in.

In general I would rank it 2 stars out of 5 on the satisfaction scale.

I would however highly recommend Mountain Home Lodge, just a little farther down the highway. My family and I stayed there last September, night and day when comparing the owners and general layout of the cottages etc.

I pretty much had the same type of experience that big guy had when I was there. The lake is very nice with tons of places to fish. The owners however(in my opinion) were less than hospitible. I hope this has changed. On a brighter note the fishing was good for wallys, pike and smallies.

Good luck

Thanks guys, I have my own boat so that won't be an issue. We were gonna tent it but we wanted something dry if it rained. We are going to be fishing for the better part of the day so the cabins won't matter...unless they leak LOL. Like big guy said you only get what you pay for so we were not expecting 5 star camp, just 5 star fishing LOL. Thanks for all your help. What type of lures work best?

Todd

Express, you might be thinking of Temagami riverside lodge, they dont have hydro but red cedar lake camp does.

You are right, that was my mistake. Sorry all these different camps and lodges blend into one in your mind after a while.