globe story

goteeboy

This is our New and improved Liberal, take no Responsibility, society we live in now. Reminds me of this case when the Law breaker gets rewarded or the victim is left to pay.

Consider the bizarre case of Linda Hunt of Wasaga Beach, Ont. Hunt got drunk at her office Christmas party in 1994. Although Hunt’s boss offered her a cab ride or accommodation at a nearby hotel if she’d surrender her car keys, Hunt refused, got in her car, and promptly slammed into a truck.

Here’s the kicker: Hunt decided to sue her former employer based on the fact her boss should’ve restrained her from driving.

And the Ontario Superior Court agreed. The court ruled Hunt’s employer was 25% responsible for the accident and awarded Hunt $302,000. (The Ontario Court of Appeal later overturned the verdict and ordered a new trial, after which the parties reached a settlement.)

Can you imagine if the Supervisor physically pulled the keys away to stop her from driving?

Edited by holdfast

That right there HF,was the turning point for alot of bussiness,s that held parties,to put in print,cabs provided by the company.Paid for by the company.

I remember that case very well.Couldnt believe she got what she did.

Thats one thing martial arts drills in your head.Last resort.It,s not intended to be a weapon.Taught that many years ago by my uncle that was a master of the art.You loose alot of respect when you impose your skill.

KUDO,S to the students.