Cooks Bay Sat.

Bitsmith2k

me and two buddies had it planned to get out on cook's for a day of perchin on sat. one buddy dropped out due to work reasons, so it was just a two man show.. got up there and on the ice for about 8:30.. drilled the first set of holes and within 30 secs i had a nice 10".. I'm thinking 'damn headhunter was right' got him on a jiggin rap with a couple power grubs on the treble.. figured it was gonna be a good day.. my buddy didnt want to wander around drilling holes so we stayed at our first spot all day.. after a couple hours in the wind, with only one more fish, i was starting to get a little cold.. so i wandered back to shore to get minnows (best move of the day).. once we started droppin the minnows down to about a foot off the bottom, we had a change of luck.. we ended up keeping close to 30 eaters for dinner.. i only managed a couple photos due to the camera freezing up, will add them when i can get them off of it.. ended up losing my rain pants (wore them to help with the wind) the wind / cold was too much for them and they froze and ripped off..

all and all a good but cold day.. cant wait to get back up there..

didn't sound too bad! too bad on the rain pants though. I never really heard of them freezing and ripping apart. sounds odd. lol

they were cheep plastic pants, the wind & cold combined with spilling water from the minnows probably did them in.. i've already washed and readied my 'good' pants for the next time..