Belwood Lake - Tips?

MSBruno

Have fun...Its a Zoo

Lotta weekend warriors out there zipping up and down the lake with no concern for their wake.

Last year there were a few threads about canoes, and small boats almost being swamped....

I almost got into a bit of a situation with some goons...

I was Drifting along the inside of the island in a very obvious path when this :asshat: litteraly Flys by me with in 10-12' and stops maybe 30' in front of us and procceeds to drop anchor, and start casting...he didnt like it much when I adjusted my drift to go "between" him and his "magic" casting spot.

Nothing a few hand gestures could't work out....

I used to enter years ago, then stopped because it litteraly is a Zoo out there, then I gave it a whirl last year...never again.

Nothing against the tourney, but that shoulder to shoulder competetive stuff is not for me.

Just be carefull out there because there are MANY who are not.

Edited by Cookslav

Missed it last year but fished it for about 15 years before that, a buddy caught 2nd biggest a few years ago, I was using bigger spinnerbaits and jerkbaits and he was using smaller spinners,spoons and crankbaits we were both catching fish, just not big ones, then he started using a #1 spinner and caught a 36+" pike, as far as the idiots go keep a big dardevle on and keep boats or in my case jet skis, 3 of them,figured out real quick I wasn't going to give in to them, we have caught them every where, above the bridge and below, I have helped at the ramp often to help things move smoothly while I wait my turn

Richard

PS: Working again this year or I'd be going again this year