Beagle?

Angler16

We've had ours for 2 years and everything everyone has said is the truth- good and bad. Wouldn't trade her for the world- she has been a great companion for my wife the last year during her illness. Yes she chews (loves socks!) and digs, maybe its just us but she always makes us laugh- and I think that is what is important.

Dont know if any one mentioned it but they STINK!

Took one out a few years ago hunting for wabbits and brought him back in the car and I wish I didnt!

So if your sensitive to raunchy odours then get a dog with hair and not fur....Just my opinion.

If your dog isn't allowed in your backyard you shouldn't get a dog....maybe a cat??

Had one before and it was never aloud in the backyard. Had him for 14 years. Been around since i was born. Not once did he pee in the backyard in the new house. And he was just fine. So i dont think a hamster,gold fish or cat are good for me.

Had one before and it was never aloud in the backyard. Had him for 14 years. Been around since i was born. Not once did he pee in the backyard in the new house. And he was just fine. So i dont think a hamster,gold fish or cat are good for me.

Its still tough. Like Lew said, unless you're willing to take it out for 4-5 walks a day - EVERY day - its a tough life for a dog. YOu might look at breeds which want very little exercise and really go outside just to urinate/crap and smell different smells.

btw - you might consider a male dog......their pee is generally less acidic and won't kill grass the same way. Usually when you see dead spots on the lawn, its from a female dog (pee is more acidic).

mmm...enlightening post

I was thinking about getting a Beagle someday, but Was tossed between a Coon hound, or a beagle.

I was under the impression as far as hunting dogs go the Beagle was a good "house pet" as well as a hunting pal, were the Black and tans are obviouslt both but...

They also cost a bloody fortune LOL!

After hearing these testimonials I'm leaning towards spending the cash on a good 'ol Coon hound

mmm...enlightening post

I was thinking about getting a Beagle someday, but Was tossed between a Coon hound, or a beagle.

I was under the impression as far as hunting dogs go the Beagle was a good "house pet" as well as a hunting pal, were the Black and tans are obviouslt both but...

They also cost a bloody fortune LOL!

After hearing these testimonials I'm leaning towards spending the cash on a good 'ol Coon hound

Look up walkers....good dogs.

I have a Beagle/Colie, his mom was a beagle and his dad was a rough colie. He is an amazing dog. I live on a busy street corner with no real defined fence but he stays in the yard and I NEVER tie him. He listens 98% of the time and is one of the smarter dogs that I have met. He does love to run so I take him to the dog park or the beach or ball park and let him run. He is eager to please and I couldn't ask for a better dog.