Question about Fishing regulation

juan96

Most of case, I release the fish after catch. very often, I bring one white fish or trout to home for cooking.

BTW, I know April is not pike season but if I catch the pike by the chance while I fishing, is it illegal?

of cause I'll release them.

Sometime fishing regulation make me confused.

You cannot control which kind of fish you catch for the most part. But if you are intentionally trying to catch a fish that is not in season, you are breaking the law. But if you accidentally catch a pike that is not in season, just release it as soon as you can and it is not a problem.

Just insure the type of bait your fishing is suitable for some type of fish that is both present & in season in the place your fishing. IE: Fishing a 10" jerk bait in a body of water that holds pike, bass, perch & carp only than trying to claim your fishing for perch or carp will likely not be believed. Fishing a 3" minnow and accidentally getting a bass or pike is possible.

if it's only crappie open and you are fishing with a baitcaster, 40lb test line and a 4 " spoon, they will lock you up

if they are watching you and they see you catching pike they can charge you with harassing spawning fish

and number one and the main thing is...you know whether or not you are fishing hoping to catch a pike OOS or not, you know what your intentions are and if you wanted clarification to not break the law or permission to break the law

if you accidentally catch a pike no problem at all...that's life

if you go out to do it, it will haunt you for ever , you will never sleep again, the fish gods will punish you forever........LOL

Hey dude,

my favorite bluegill lake is teeming with out of season rainbows, and I fish bluegill with pink powerbait worms which usually results in a few accidental rainbow catches. Nothing I can do about it. I've tried using gulp waxies, and maggets, but easily catch 3 times as many bluegill with the pink trout worms. Like the other guys said, if it's genuinely an accident, no worries, let the fish go as hastely as possible and keep on fishing. But if you're catching pike after pike, and NOT your target species, use common sense and peace out to a new spot.

Cheers,

UF