Sauble Beach

hoops12

LOL...ya thats about it.

But I'd bet the Sauble will be even worse.

It has less area to work and the Saugeen will be BLOWN this weekend with all the rain and snow....she doesn't clear very quickly so a lot of the saugeens usual weekenders may make the extra 20 minutes down the road to hit the Sauble.

The Sauble river tends to clear faster(more sand then silt) but it will be shoulder to shoulder this weekend.

If the Ice is out, the Pier in Wiarton may not be a bad spot to check out either, but again...it could be jammed, and more then likey still iced up.

Good luck, and have fun either way!

Edited by Cookslav

Hey guys saw this the other day on another site and thought it might help, was at Wiarton on Saturday moving my father, ice was gone but never made it to talk to any body at the water

Richard

posted on 5-4-2009 at 21:15

SAugeen, Sauble, Pottawatomi and Sydenham

Yup did the tour before the snow hits!

Saugeen was of course high with about 4-6" visibility, nobody fishing that I could see from the dam.

Sauble is a little better with about 8-12" visibility but cold high water.

Pottawatomi was nicely off but nobody around which suggests it was slow.

Sydenham was right on with about 18" visibility but the cold water kept things slow. Lots of guys on most of the river but there were spots open.

The pier at Owen Sound was shoulder to shoulder with about 15 boats scattered all over the bay.

Somebody mentioned 40 guys at Thornbury (sounds like fun, eh!) and the Bighead was completely gone