Gone fishin' today w/ few old buddies...

rbaquial

So, a few buddies and I decide last minute that we were gonna do some fishing late last night. We got up, headed out of the city and arrived at our destination around 9:30am. Started fishing @ our 1st location - nothing hitting, not even snags! :P So, after fishing that area for about 30min - we decide to hit another location a lil more north of where we were. MAN!! Was it crowded!! Must've been at least 100 people there, MINIMUM!! ... But man were the crowds worth every minute of it.

I gotta tell you, today was the 1st time I've got to use my Centerpin for more than 2hrs fishing. What an awesome experience!! Now I can fully understand why most anglers prefer this type of fishing over anything else - Every little bit of weight of a fish, felt like a tonne, especially since we're all running pretty light line (most was 8lbs). Most of us got our PB's ever...Catching 1lb sunfish, bluegill, and the very odd perch! Managed to catch 1 bass oddly enough - that was pretty cool!

The pictures of all the crappies - he kept the smaller ones, because my lil cousin wanted to keep some to fry 'em up - whatever, his choice.

Anyway, here are the pics! ENJOY!!

Picture328.jpg

Picture330.jpg

Picture333.jpg

***This perch was obviously attacked by a Pike recently... and it SURVIVED!**

Picture338.jpg

Picture340.jpg

Picture329.jpg

Picture332.jpg

***************This catch was unexpected and a surprise!****************

Picture336.jpg

Picture339.jpg

Picture341.jpg

Nice perch and crappie, nothing wrong with frying a few up just had a nice feed myself :) Good on releasing the larger ones, wouldn't mind seeing a pic of them, looks like a fun day with many more to come with the slowly improving weather.