Minn Kota Co-Pilot Question

sneak_e_pete

I am thinking about getting a co-pilot for my powerdrive based on some of your recommendations, but I have one question. On the foot pedal, there is the option for momentary or constant prop. Is this option still available when using the co-pilot or do you have to constantly hold down the prop button to make it work? Thanks.

I too was thinking of buying the co-pilot when I bought my Power drive, that is until the local dealer told me I was nuts for spending the cash. the power drive comes with a fairly long cord and on my 18 foot bow rider reaches the back very nicely. So if your boat is not more than 18 feet just run the foot pedal to the back and use it. I set it on the seat and even adjust it with my hand, works great.

I have had my co-pilot on my 18 ft Alumacraft for a couple of years. I love the unit. I have the remote mounted on my rod with the controls at my finger tips. You can do everything with the remote that your foot pedal does. I think its well worth the investment. Great little device. Cheers.