Boat hauler?

JohnF

Have any of you hauled a boat with a Ford Flex? I know they're one of the world's ugliest car creations but we just got one and if the stars align Mama will let me buy a boat this year (or next, or mebbe 2011).

JF

I actually don't mind the looks of the Flex. I haven't seen it up close though.

Could be good from a far but far from good. ;)

Looks like it can tow 4500# with the towing package.

I would hope you got the all wheel drive option as FWD is not the greatest on slippery launch ramps.

My Honda Pilot has the same towing capacity and it tows my 18 foot Fisher w/90hp outboard fine.

PilotBoat.jpg

I actually don't mind the looks of the Flex. I haven't seen it up close though.

Could be good from a far but far from good. ;)

Looks like it can tow 4500# with the towing package.

I would hope you got the all wheel drive option as FWD is not the greatest on slippery launch ramps.

My Honda Pilot has the same towing capacity and it tows my 18 foot Fisher w/90hp outboard fine.

PilotBoat.jpg

I just got rid of a Pilot (great vehicle btw). And yes, I got the AWD on the Flex. After the Pilot I'm a committed AWD type. The only reason I changed brands was that the lease was something like $150 less. My wife's new car is also all wheel but a tad smaller. Actually, she will probably argue that the Flex is hers (now that she's driven it) and the little car is mine for fishing and whatnot. We got rid of her CTS for a Mazda Tribute GT6AWD. I made a point of getting leather in the Mazda so I could jump in with my waders on to move to another creek location. It's just like a Ford Escape, actually built in Louisville in the same plant so I'm told. The fishing thang is why she might say it's mine. Fact is I need a decent-sized vehicle for business travel (the Flex) but I'll use the Mazda for my creek tours.

JF

Too bad you had to let your Honda go. :(

Dang fine vehicle. :P

I'm sure the Flex will do fine as long as you stay under 4500#

Just make sure you have the towing package for the extra tranny cooling etc.

The Honda lease was up and the residual too high.

Apparently the Ford has the full towing package incl the tranny cooler.

JF

The Flex is an awesome vehicle .You are going to love it I can almost guaranty that.Also a great vehicle ob fuel.

Dan

Glad to hear it. If it's anywhere near as good as the Pilot was I'll be very happy.

JF