Perch'n

GBW

Hey all.

I have some time today to myself to get some fishing in between my errands and with my travels I'll be passing Musselman Lake, Island Lake and be close to Lake Wilcox. Does anyone know if the ice is out there yet? Also, what one is best to fish from shore of course. And lastly do these lakes all have perch? Thanks!

Geoff

I don't know anyone who catches in Wilcox but it's probably your best best.

Preston Lake is restricted to only residents of the community (With no motor ban in place). Musselman Lake is mostly private property so you'd be limited from shore but there is public access, off of aurora rd I believe you'll have to look it up (They also have a no motor policy).

I've been to lake wilcox a couple of times. At this time of year, you won't be catching anything yet. There is only one public access to the lake and no motor boats are allowed in there.

Map of the area you can fish - If you're shore fishing, you are only limited to this one stand alone public dock. They don't put out the dock until the beginning of June.

Taking a detour to Brantford & trying the Holland might be worth the effort as well. BTW, a post or an e-mail on what conditions you find will be much appreciated. I'm planning on getting out that way this weekend. If you're up to it, do let me know.

Os

Hey Os if I do get out in this rain I will let you know. As for this weekend, I might be able to hook up with you again on Sat. afternoon some time. It will have to be after lunch as I'm hosting poker night on Friday... ;)

Geoff, for the weekend, I'm thinking more in terms of getting out late Saturday afternoon & fishing in the evening (have to start putting in some work on the backyard!!). Wonder what the forecast is like... I'll look it up.

ok, time to bring this back to life... ;)

Os and I are going to hook up for some perch and or crappie but neither of us know the zone 16 area all that well to the North. The ice is out on the lakes I mentioned (well Musselman should be softwater now with all this rain) but there is no place to park there. Any hint's via this post or PM's would be great as I feel the skunk sripe on my back is getting worse! Not looking for any honey holes just a spot he and I can go and each get a fish or 2, thanks all!!!!!

Geoff

ok, time to bring this back to life... ;)

Os and I are going to hook up for some perch and or crappie but neither of us know the zone 16 area all that well to the North. The ice is out on the lakes I mentioned (well Musselman should be softwater now with all this rain) but there is no place to park there. Any hint's via this post or PM's would be great as I feel the skunk sripe on my back is getting worse! Not looking for any honey holes just a spot he and I can go and each get a fish or 2, thanks all!!!!!

Geoff

Sent a PM