Credit River conditions

rock34

Hey gang,

As you have read, I am the guy who continues to float fish without ever getting a bite. The only way to fix that is KEEP trying right?

So I want to head out tomorrow morning, solo unfortunately. Can anyone tell me if the Credit conditions are worth the trip (hour and a half?) or if you have other suggestions just reply or PM me. Im not afraid of a long drive if it will improve my odds thats for sure.

Thanks and when I get that first one, trust me, the picture will be posted!

While I have no information on the Credit, just want to let you know that you're not alone in this 'boat'. Have carried my camera on each & every one of the skunk trips - and will continue to do so all spring/summer/fall long... LOL

Hey gang,

As you have read, I am the guy who continues to float fish without ever getting a bite. The only way to fix that is KEEP trying right?

So I want to head out tomorrow morning, solo unfortunately. Can anyone tell me if the Credit conditions are worth the trip (hour and a half?) or if you have other suggestions just reply or PM me. Im not afraid of a long drive if it will improve my odds thats for sure.

Thanks and when I get that first one, trust me, the picture will be posted!

Hi

I just got back form the Credit. Nice colour, it is pretty clear a lot of people fishing.

I would suggest very early would be the best time to go.

Nothing caught for me though

Jose

I would hit it before the rain comes in.

Thanks...Early it is!

It actually looks like the rain may hold off for the whole day.

Osmond.....nice to know I am not alone.

I have fished with my centerpin like 8 times now without a fish biting. I still call the reel new because it has never truly been used :)

Rock, in gin clear water make sure you are running a long flouro lead (2-3ft or more) Having a rig that's 3ft long from float to hook isn't helping you.

Bulk shot in order to c.o.c.k your float, but that egg sack should be nice and breezy under there, not held down with pounds of lead :)

Edited by BillM

Don't worry man, I'm going through the same thing. 5 trips and counting now, i've decided i'll take a break from the pin and use the spinning reel until I get one to get my confidence back.

Good luck! I'll be out there trying as well...