Hey Pikeie, Your Summer Dream Job

tjsa

I was on LOTW's for 4 days last summer in the first week of August, and we went for lunch at Wiley Point on the 2nd last day. Turns out we went during the Loisa Regatta and had to negotiate through some 50 or more sailboats which had just left from there.

Your summer home.

046.jpg

045.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

A couple of their boats.

043.jpg

When sailboats show up, you will probably be picking up the people from them using the zodiac tenders the outpost owns.

A few boats from the Loisa Regatta.

039.jpg

And watch out for these guys traveling from island to island. This one was heading right for Wiley Point, as we had just left there.

047.jpg

Also, Wiley Point is probably 50 kms from Sioux Narrows, on the opposite side of the lake. I cannot recall if it has road access.

Fish in this area are walleye, sauger, black crappie, smallmouth bass, perch, pike, and musky. Largemouth are apparently not too common in this area of the lake, they are further south.

And the first time you see the pelicans and cormorants rafting together is quite a picture. Huge birds.

022.jpg

011.jpg

I believe they change up half of their fleet of boats and motors every year.

That boat in the background of the pic of 2 of their boats is one of the ones I believe they send daily to Kenora on a grocery run, sometimes twice a day. Saw it flying up the lake every day, and the day we stopped in for lunch, it did not have any fishing tackle or accessories on it. Just a sonar, vhf, gps, 2 life jackets, and one extra passenger seat. I think it is a 22 ft. all steel boat, the floor and some of the bulkheads were diamond plate. We parked our 19 ft. Bayliner right opposite it at the dock, and it was obviously longer, and almost twice the beam. Hang on if you get to ride in that thing.