Nipissing March 6-8

I had the chance to get back up to Nipissing for the second time this year March 6-8. The first time was Jan 9th, and the fishing was painfully slow...1 pickeral between 8 guys in 4 days.

This time I was up there with a group of 12 and we stayed with Shawn Degagne of Fish Of A Lifetime Charters. After reading more reports that were basically the same as the fist time I was up there I'm glad to say that we had some success and iced some eyes on Nipissing in 2009. We caught some fish from our huts...a few eyes, a few pike, a bunch of perch and some herring. Saturday Shawn took us a little ways away from the hut and drilled a bunch of holes where we fished for a few hours and iced 7 eyes. 6 of them were under the slot and one was above, a pig of a walleye at around 10 lbs. It was pulled up for a couple of photos but didn't swim away, so it will be heading to my buddy's wall. Here are a few pics from the weekend.

Ryan with his big fish

Nipissing2009-2006.jpg

Ryan and guide Shawn Degagne

Nipissing2009-2005.jpg

Our hut with a few fish

Nipissing2009-2003.jpg

Thanks to all the guys that came out, and Shawn for the great service,

Smitty

We were right behind you guys all weekend. Sean brought that walleye over to our hut for a look. Really nice fish! We diddnt get anything huge. 3 or so eyes, bunch of perch, and a 5 lb whitefish. We diddnt fish all that much to be honest. However sean gave us the award for most brown pops consumed this season. Were you guys getting all kinds of mud puppies too? we must have gotten 7 or 8 of the little suckers.