Friday PIKE Action

diggyj

Seeing as I have been shut more than I would like to admit, even though I did catch one yesterday, I decided to finish my work today as fast as possible so I could go out and take another crack at some critters of the toothy variety.

Weather was absolutely amazing, when I hit the water around 2 pm the car thermometer was reading a balmy 17 C. Spent a total of 2 and 1/2 hours on the water. Again I was getting frustrated as the action was slow to say the least.

It wasn't until about 3:45 pm that I saw some signs of life. As my lure got just about a foot or two from the shore I noticed a follower but this particular Pike was quite small and it did not take the bait.

Just at about that point the wind shifted and a few large ice slabs started drifting to the east. Made casting a challenge.

Then finally at around 4pm after a small pause in my retrieve I feel a strike and I set the hook. Line starts to peel of of my SHIMANO baitcaster. I am very happy with the Citica 200E, and my Crucial rod.

After a short battle, won by me, I managed to land this 33" beast. Quickly put it on the scale and it weighed just over 10 lbs. Was a bit chunky in the belly. Let her go to be caught another day.

56047813.jpg

By diggyj, shot with CYBERSHOT at 2009-03-06

At this point I was very happy. Perserverance finally paid off. All in all, a great late afternoon outing. Great weather, and one fish. Nothing beats the excitment of landing a lunker and spending a day in the great outdoors.

Dirk....

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!

:thumbsup_anim:

:clapping:

Well done!

Say goodbye to friends and family!

Helllllooooooo hours of fishin' !!

LMAO, you know it. Pike will now hopefully become an adopted member of my family.

Dirk..