Ice fishing sale!!! 50% off

discophish

- To spend or not to spend -

Over the many years I have accumulated ice fishing gear that stacks like a lead pyramid on my sled. It's getting out of control. The walks are progressively becoming a threat rather than something to look forward to. Obsession and impulse are two things that light your way through the store isles, and it makes it hard to pass by something and say "I don't need it". We have the huts, heaters, sleds, rods, tip-ups, augers, tackle bags, too many lures, snow shoes, fuel stoves, cameras, survival suits, goggles, electronics, buckets, bait buckets, lanterns/lights, chairs, gas cans, snacks and food to feed a douzen. But really, at the end of the day, I wish I went out on the ice with nothing more than some crap stuffed into my pockets to create a little more bulge to make the walk more honourable, if you know what I mean. If I really think about this, I buy 10 new lures that I don't need, try to stuff it in a tackle bag that is too full to stuff, end up using and old scuffed up rusty lure and not any of the new lures for the entire day because the walk was too exhausting and lazy to rummage through the stuffed bag that makes it impossible to find anything, rip open a package, and tie something else on. Anything new hasn't helped me catch more fish. New things only catch the consumer. I lived to tell the experience weekend after weekend, and for most of this winter. I broke my back drilling about a hundred holes this weekend in Haliburton, hauled everything out including the weight of a frothy jowled moose and 6 rabid deer, and couldn't find a fish by the end.

Of course that's the way it goes. You become consumed either way ... buy stuff you don't need, and pretending to fish for fish that aren't there.

At some point things get ruined when it becomes too much. I'm going to start stuffing my bulge from now on and leave the rest in the place that has no room for anything including itself.

I think I wrote this because my winter wasn't so good. Cranky? Perhaps, but I still want to bulge.

Disco Phish

Crap Tire needs to have a 50% off sale just to match the small stores retail prices lol..Buck Shots $8.99 Big Os $8.39 what a steal opps Rip Off...thing i love is when guys leave Crap Tire walk into my shop and see they just paid allmost double at CT of what i charge ...

Edited by Fishmaster

I agree that they are a rip off! I really only go to CT if there's a "supposed" sale to see what they got..99% of the time I leave disappointed & disgusted at their prices! Hell, I've noticed even wally mart has uped the prices on their fishing equipment! ex. A spinnerbait I could buy last year for $4.99 is now $9.69!

Unless I come across a good deal, or really need something, you won't see me shoppin at these places!

Hey FM, maybe you can tell me, what's the deal on the Clackin Raps? Why so expensive? Just cuz they are new? CT here has them for $14.99 & WM sellin'em for about $11

I agree that they are a rip off! I really only go to CT if there's a "supposed" sale to see what they got..99% of the time I leave disappointed & disgusted at their prices! Hell, I've noticed even wally mart has uped the prices on their fishing equipment! ex. A spinnerbait I could buy last year for $4.99 is now $9.69!

Unless I come across a good deal, or really need something, you won't see me shoppin at these places!

Hey FM, maybe you can tell me, what's the deal on the Clackin Raps? Why so expensive? Just cuz they are new? CT here has them for $14.99 & WM sellin'em for about $11

Like all Rapala Cranks they are way to much $$$ they say the retail is $14.99 in the book but they go by 70 to 100% mark up I use a way lower mark up instead thats why i sell a ton of Rapala Cranks for $10.99 and thats even to much money for a lure in my books ...