Spiderwire Ultracast Invisi-braid

HUKDONFAWNIX

I'm using it for the 1st time this coming season, excited to see it in action.... My only suspicion about this, because its braid (and not clear like typical fluorocarbon) I don't see it being "as effective" as the other stuff, you know? but whatever...

none the less, still excited to see it in action....

I've used it,its nice line

cast very well,very tough also

As far as being invisible,not sure,I found the white line stood out more than the regular green spider wire

Who knows maybe under water it washes out and blends in

as far as durability,very comparable to spider wire and like most berkley lines ,pretty good

Its very soft but also very, very strong. Not as bad as some other braids when it comes to cutting fingers up. If visibility is an issue, use a black magic marker on the last 3-4 feet. I really like this line. It does however seem to have a bit bigger diameter than other braids of the same pound test rating. although that may be just perception because of the light colour.

I bought 300 yards of 30 pound test before Xmas in 2007. The braid is very loose and I had trouble with hook points snagging in the line when two rods were side-by-side on the deck etc. Because of the loose weave the line is quite large in diameter for it's weight,..Perhaps twice that of thirty pound Power Pro.

From the beginning I had trouble with the line breaking for no reason....

These failures weren't at the knot, but between the lure and the rod tip. This could occur on a cast that I over-cooked, or when I tried to pull the crankbait off of a snag.

I wrote to Pure Fishing and they replaced my remaining line with a brand new 300 yard spool. Unfortunately it was no better than the first.

To use it up I have used it as backing and as an under-winding on my Bucktail's, but I won't be using this line for fishing ever again.

Hey Marc,

I thought the whole point of this line was that it is virtually invisible? Have you used it on the water?

Anybody else have any insights?

Thats was my perception is that it was supposed to be invisible or blended with the water,possibly those properties are under water,might be a line color thing. The green lines seems to be less visible overall

I just figure if I can see the line.I suspect the fish also,although I dont believe fish are line shy.

Either way,its good line and like DNB said its thicker,so it has it utilities, when looking for a line that offers some lift to keep your lures higher in the water colum

Its a tough as spider wire stealth

I used it for the 1st time yesterday, fishing with l2p. Because it was the 1st time I've used it, I'm not giving up on it yet (though, its probably gonna happen sooner than later, thats how disappointed I am with this stuff). The line itself didn't impress me AT ALL once I saw it in action underwater. And like Garry2RS mentioned, the weave in this line doesn't seem as tight as other products SpiderWire has out.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I've got 2 reels spooled with this stuff... I might just use it as backing too!

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

No issues at all with this stuff on my muskie setup.

Addikted: Remember, you aren't a fish :) Don't put ot much thought into wondering what a fish see's...

Oh no! you're absolutely right BillM - but if I don't have confidence in it... I'll feel it won't produce, right? I mean, isn't that the same idea that goes with lures?