Fishing in Hamilton...

rbaquial

its part frozen part open water on the opposite side of the Hwy 403 ... would not trust it to be frozen solid enough to fish ( I need alot of ice to fish on .. I dont like swimming) ... better off going to the lift bridge or Bronte if you want to fish in the rain

Edited by brifishrgy

Is it good enough to fish from shore? (my buddy and I aren't much ice-fisherman)...??

Well the site keeps cutting out on me but maybe I can finally make a post. :rolleyes:

The area where u have the marker on the map at Valley Inn rd would still be ice. I was at Cootes Bay last week which is ice and there was open water where it flows into the harbour but we had a bunch of cold nights and there is still lots of ice towards the Bayfront side.

The piers under the Skyway bridge is open water and if u were going to Port Dalhousie from Hamilton, it's at least a 40 min drive and that's speeding, lol.

Drive 15 mins down the hwy and fish Port Dalhousie in St. Kitt's, that'd be your best bet.

Can you point me to an area on google? I'm not all that familiar with Hamilton area...

Thanks Solopaddler! (or just PM me)

The Port Dalhousie harbour is in St. Catharines and I've been going there since the early 90's, if ya can drive 55 km which it would be from the Burlington Skyway in 20 mins without speeding, good luck. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by rockfish

The whole Bay is either still locked up or full of floating ice. No softwater fishing (well maybe one tiny spot but I want to fish it first) :D

Bring lot's of lead if you go to Dalhousie, there's a ton of current and plan to get snagged up alot.

And it's 50km from Hamilton, with lot's of enforcement. Longer than 15min.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=...e=UTF8&z=13

Edited by CLofchik

• 2 weeks later...

The entire main bay is open, the channel at Bay Front was still half clogged with ice, but didn't look too thick. You can launch at LaSallle in Burlington right now, or try the Yacht Club (Follow Bay St. past Bay Front and it's on your left). The water was really muddy yesterday.