Anyone stay here before

wgk36

Hi all,

I'm looking to book a BOQ weekend in late May. I might stay at Foster's Fishing Centre in a rented trailer. There aren't any pics on their website, so I thought I would ask my OFC buddies. Has anyone stayed there before? What are the trailers like (old/new)? What are the dock's and launch like? Is the service good? Would you recommend it?

Thanks alot for the input.

GlennK

Last time I was there the water was super low... Docks were in need of repair.

Trailers were OLD.

That being said, Old guy running the place was very nice, Fishing was ok, location was good.

prices in store.. very high.

Now this was a few years ago (2005) so alot could have changed.

Glenn, I have not stayed there but did launch there a few years back and was talked into buying some very specific bottom bouncing worm harnesses and tackle that ended up getting me skunked. They guy insisted that this was the only technique that would work because of the Zebra Mussel water clarity problem.

Watch out for the Bull if you stay there.

Glenn, I have never stayed there but I just did a search in general discussion here and saw 7 or 8 mentions of Fosters with nothing negative. Give it a try.

Thanks Roy. Nice approach...I feel kind of dumb not thinking of it myself

Glenn, I have not stayed there but did launch there a few years back and was talked into buying some very specific bottom bouncing worm harnesses and tackle

LOL, me too but I saw the price and said no thanks, I think cause they make them its an extra cash cow.

Its a nice place, the other options in the area are pickeral park or Perfect view.

Enjoy

I stayed there for years, and had to leave, the owner Glen can be nice , but most times not, trailers are very old, docks are falling apart, you can not launch your own boat ,he does it and be ready when he does or you will be going swimming for your boat, call Joanne at perfect vue, for agroup of 4 you'll pay about $100 each for a heated cottage and your own bed, covers friday till sunday, dock fees and derby tickets, i may have room for 2 people as 2 of our guyz may not make it, fosters is very shallow as well just a heads up from someone that had stayed there for years.

Glenn, I have not stayed there but did launch there a few years back and was talked into buying some very specific bottom bouncing worm harnesses and tackle that ended up getting me skunked. They guy insisted that this was the only technique that would work because of the Zebra Mussel water clarity problem.

Watch out for the Bull if you stay there.

haha he tried to pitch that one on us 2 years running. My friend took the bait, but we didn't catch anything on them. Stuck to our typical bottom bouncing technique and landed a few beauties. We've always gone the weekend following the opener. Less crouded, and I think the owners feel less stressed so they are very nice and friendly. Fishing has been good, but not great. Never stayed in a trailer, they do look kinda old but have heard they are nice from other guests. They won't let you launch your own boat, the guy has a nifty little atv mount that he loves playing with, but he gets the boat in quick and easy for you. The docks are in a bit of a state, certainly wouldn't want to jump on them, but they serve the purpose. The fish cleaning station is well organized and away from the campsites. All in all I've been happy with Fosters in the 2 years I've gone, and would go back again. I wouldn't recommend going on a busy weekend as I could imagine the site would be like a tailgate party, not a lot of privacy or room, but other wise it is ok.

Let us know where you go and how the trip/fishing was!