Signs . . Signs . . Everywhere A Sign

Photoz

I have spoken with the MNR today. I made mention of this sign once again on how it is deceiving. I also made note of the sign being out of date to show the new season regulations. The sign shows "the last Saturday in April" where as the new regs show the 4th Saturday in April. It doesn't make a difference for this year but it will in other years.

Long story short, they will be replacing the sign and removing the sign on the upstream side. I have volunteered to do this for them. Once the sign is made, it will be changed.

Kudos :clapping:

I have spoken with the MNR today. I made mention of this sign once again on how it is deceiving. I also made note of the sign being out of date to show the new season regulations. The sign shows "the last Saturday in April" where as the new regs show the 4th Saturday in April. It doesn't make a difference for this year but it will in other years.

Long story short, they will be replacing the sign and removing the sign on the upstream side. I have volunteered to do this for them. Once the sign is made, it will be changed.

You Da man!!!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping: wow only 20 years and its getting done lol

:thumbsup_anim: FINALLY! The job gets done, but will anybody care? I'm not certain, but I THINK that sign on the south side sure SEEMS pretty recent, I don't recall seeing it last summer . . . I'm wondering if an MNR even placed it there, perhaps it was just scavenged by a concerned citizen from elsewhere, how did a shiny new sign get so shop-worn so fast? If you're removing the one on the north side, perhaps you might consider taking the ragged-lookin' one from the south side, down, and putting up the readable one? And after years of problems . . . . . I wonder if it will make ANY difference . . . . perhaps foot-high lettering . . . in 6 languages might convey the message? Now . . . . the NEXT problem . . . getting the message concerning the new (last year) limit of 2 trout? Kudos to you though, taking the time to help in fixing the problem! I hope it will discourage people from snaggin' in that bottleneck! :clapping:

gallery_77_129_40830.jpg

gallery_77_129_43808.jpg

Photoz your are never happy man, that's too bad. Both of those signs were installed at the same time. They were installed back in the late 80's. They were installed over old signs which were installed back in the 70's.

Edited by Ron

Guest steel'n'esox

Great advertising for them isn't it? Too bad they didn't spend $'s on something that's actually sustainable... :wallbash:

As for the Atlantics been sustainable, there is a pic of a 5 pound grisle in this months out of doors mag, Im sure any members of the ccra could give us some feedback on this program which has been positive so far, which is a hell of a lot more sustainable then the ministries splake program, which has about as much chance at success as a smart car doing battle with a cement truck

Hm m m m m . . . . strange? The first time I fished there, I was up under the bridge, because I didn't see a sign on the south side, but was aware of there being one BEHIND the trestle, although I hadn't read the dates on it. One of the local guys walked over and told me the boundary started at the abutment on the SOUTH side . . . . I could easily lose my gear if the C. O. came along. He pointed out if I read my regulations, it was pretty clear. I took him at his word, and moved down, and from then on I fished down near the boat ramp. I have no clue HOW I could have missed the sign on the south side . . . .. but it certainly appears you are correct about it having been there a long time? All the more reason that NO ONE (not even locals) should be fishing north of that sign on the south side! But . . . . it appears you are going to take the time to make it clear enough to discourage even the dumbest of anglers fron poaching there . . . . good job. (Unfortunately . . . . if sign on the south side has been ignored for years, this ain't likely to make much difference, is it?)

Guest steel'n'esox

Just so happens a good friend of mine designs bedsprings for sealy, yep should be a great weekend under the bridge, use flatfish in frog and skunk and perch finish Im running low on those colours. water was colored today use flor red and chartreuse all take those as well?