Lakers and Whitefish On Simcoe

FishFinder

Im looking to get out for some lakers and whitefish on simcoe with a buddy of mine. Neither of us have ever been, were just looking for directions on how to get there, where to park and where to walk out on the ice. We are coming from Toronto and we want to fish jacksons point.

Thanks to anyone who can give us directions or any other info..

Also what do you guys recommend for bait, were thinking just williams spoons, and jigs, maybe minnows?

Shoot me a PM if you like..

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Edited by FishFinder

I don't think JP ice conditions are not safe enough yet for lakers and white fish. Its what I'm watching very closely.

And browsing other boards for info. So far no reports from some hardcore guys I know that fish JP all the time. :dunno:

dsn

Edited by dsn

Im looking to get out for some lakers and whitefish on simcoe with a buddy of mine. Neither of us have ever been, were just looking for directions on how to get there, where to park and where to walk out on the ice. We are coming from Toronto and we want to fish jacksons point.

Thanks to anyone who can give us directions or any other info..

Also what do you guys recommend for bait, were thinking just williams spoons, and jigs, maybe minnows?

Shoot me a PM if you like..

Thanks to anyone who can help...

you have a pm

go the the beach down town barrie park at the lot where the fountain is , it will be the lot across from the sewer plant . you will see the fountain, walk straight out from the fountain till you line up the building on your right shore and the green arch on your left. you will be in about 38 feet of water . you will catch walleye and white fish and lake trout. jig a 3" william white fish gold and silver . note when walking out go straight out from the fountain if u walk to much to the right the ice could be very thin that is where the warm water out flow is for the sewer plant

fishfinder I suggest you hook up with someone that knows the waters real well, too early to start trancing around the ice in unknown waters most of it is safe but a lot of is also isnt. Had my foot almost go through over 50 FOW last week and I knew where I was walking and had a friend walk over it the day before

If hooking up with some one wont work then try a hut operator on simcoe, most can put you on whites and lakers.

Yeah when you hear huts on jacksons point that is only on the perch grounds the laker grounds are way to far to walk anyways from there...maybe I am thinking of the sutton area....oh well all I can say is jackson point is never a safe area I have heard of a few accidents over the years even in the thick of winter never trust Lady simcoe some times she can be a B****