Bass Master Classic Live Feed

Garry2Rs

Every few minutes there's another little show, with up-dates, interviews etc.

There are three cameras, and the weigh-in is supposed to be on the Behind-The-Scenes camera at 6:15 eastern time.

At this minute, Mike Iaconelli is in the lead by about 2 pounds, but the top 5 are very close together, there has been no really big fish caught. The day is warming up and the last hour could change everything.

Guest skeeter99
Every few minutes there's another little show, with up-dates, interviews etc.

There are three cameras, and the weigh-in is supposed to be on the Behind-The-Scenes camera at 6:15 eastern time.

At this minute, Mike Iaconelli is in the lead by about 2 pounds, but the top 5 are very close together, there has been no really big fish caught. The day is warming up and the last hour could change everything.

IKE has got a 5 pounder in the livewell at 12:30

so what is a big fish then?

Edited by skeeter99

Guest skeeter99
Five pounds is a nice fish all right. The Big Fish so far was just under 8 pounds.

This morning the first 5 fish limits were around 10 pounds, and that's what I was referring to.

look like they are lighting it up now or sandbagging like IKE does everyone has got a good limit now except for a few who they have no news on

It's actually around $42,000 for this year for 8 B.A.S.S. Elite series events. The $55K was for the originally scheduled 11 events, but they cut back on three of them to help the anglers out that were having trouble finding the money to do all of them (it's an all or nothing deal).

There are other avenues. The Bassmaster Opens are only $1000 a pop and there are only 3 of them. BUT, there are only 2 spots for the Classic and you are fishing against the best locals and many of the Elite guys in 200 boat tournaments to get those 2 spots. I'd say it's way way harder to qualify through the opens than the Elites where they take almost the top 40% of the field.

There are also 6 Federation Nation spots. This is the grass-roots level. 1 grassroots guy from each of the six divisions makes it to the Classic. This is the most cost-effective way, but perhaps the most competitive as there must be tens of thousands of club guys vying for those 6 spots. No margin for error.

The final spot is given to the WBT Angler of the Year.

I believe you're referring to Mike "Ike" Iaconelli. That's his "schtick". He's had more than few of those "Ike" moments in his career. Some good press, some very negative, but maybe true to the words "there's no such thing as bad press", he's one of the most endorsed anglers in the world and probably doesn't have to make a cast to live a nice lifestyle.

A few notable "Ike" outbursts:

-2 DQ's from the Bassmaster Classic

-Broke the windshield in his Toyota Tundra

-Got kicked off the Ranger pro staff for outburst leading to one of the 2 DQ's

He has a show called City Limits that has gotten pretty good reviews, we don't get it up here yet but I hope WFN picks it up. Urbancentric fishing show which I'm sure a lot of us from urban areas can relate to.

They say the winner of the Classic can get upwards of a million dollars in endorsement deals in addition to the top prize. I'd scream a little to if I thought I had won a cool half a mill and had another million or so coming.

I would say it is somewhat genuine or this guy is a character actor that is Oscar worthy as he always seems to be "in character".

It was on ESPN2 last night during the Oscars.

It was pretty good, with lots of on the water stuff.

I enjoyed even though I already knew how it would turn out.

Check ESPN2 listings to see if they are going to rerun it... perhaps next Saturday morning???