minnows on hwy 11

deepwaterbyshore

going to temagami on sat.i guess there is a shortage of pinheads in north bay ,the place we usally stop at in north bay(discount bait and tackle )had none in jan.and only had a few when i call last weekend,does anyone know of other places that r good along hwy 11 but before the access road for temagami

Only place I know of is:

Innisfil Bait and Tackle

S/W corner of hwy 11 and hwy 89

long way to haul them from there but the ones I bought on Saturday were still lively yesterday morning when I salted them down...

The minnow pail I keep them in has a styrofoam insert which I believe helps keep the water from freezing...

No idea... but it's your only choice other than going right into Temagami and going to "Dad's" and seeing what Jim has. He usually has Shiners and Red Dace... and like I said the recommended on Temagami is shiners and other surrounding lakes Red Dace... now I've gotta get out the door... Temagami's callin... lol.. and we all fish with just artificials.

Gramps.. 1-705-569-3825

Edited by irishfield

Check this link out:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ie=UT...uU5PAB&cd=1

As far as pinheads in North Bay not far off the highway, probably your best bet is Billy Bob's (1370 Lakeshore Drive, North Bay, ON P1B 8Z4 - (705) 474-2248). They usually have lots of minnows and a variety of sizes. But give them a call. Others you could check out are:

- Big Ed's (3791 Trout Lake Rd, North Bay, ON P1B 8G4 - (705) 497-3511)

- Lakeshore Bait/Tackle (160 King St W, North Bay, ON P1B 5Z7 - (705) 472-6788)

- Temagami Bait (4825 Hwy 11 N, Temagami, ON P0H 2H0 - (705) 569-3825)