ADIA 20/30 Spinning Reels

nancur373

I bought 2 ADIA 20/30 spinning reels at the show for 30 dollars. Anyone ever use these or buy these today? I figure at worst they can go on the kids rods. They are 10 + 1 bearings. Gear ratio 5:0:1. I can't find anything on the net. Any info???

Thanks,

Curt

Edited by nancur373

Off the top of my head, it could be sarah mclachlan's new business venture catering to her east coast roots.

Do you have any pictures of it and did it come with boxes and manuals or nothing? I'm thinking it's an unbranded OEM reel that wasn't picked up by a major brand and some small business or person decided to market it on their own.

Hmm.. my post this afternoon didn't make it for some reason. Anyways, I think it looks very Pinnacle SilStar (aka silver star) which is a huge OEM manufacturer of many things including fishing equipment for other fishing companies as well as big-store house brand stuff like bps and cabelas.

I said this going by the big fat pinnacle style bail, the bent handle style, and the antireverse switch on the body behind the rotor. Pop out the drag stack in the spool, the drag discs are probably an off white plastic looking material. +10 bearings to compensate for (smooth out) the low tolerance body casting. :D

I saw them the other day at Simcoe bait and Tackle as well. Looks ok especially for the price. The only knowk (which isn't really major and expected for the price) is that the foot (where it attaches to the reel seat) is not reinforced with some type of metal. No biggie. I bet it will work fine.

PS. Did you get them for $30 each or 2 for $30

Edited by Cudz

I saw them the other day at Simcoe bait and Tackle as well. Looks ok especially for the price. The only knowk (which isn't really major and expected for the price) is that the foot (where it attaches to the reel seat) is not reinforced with some type of metal. No biggie. I bet it will work fine.

PS. Did you get them for $30 each or 2 for $30

30 for both

Also, Has anyone experienced a reel going stiff in cold weather? When I brought them in from the car in the morning the were pretty stiff. After they warmed up they were fine. I'm thinking probably the type of oil/grease used inside. No matter as I only intend to use them in the summer. A warm weather reel.lol.