River 2 Sea? Ever heard of...

rbaquial

Just wondering if anyone has any of their lures in their artillery? And what is your experience with them? They have some pretty sick lookin' lures, so I may just pick some up at the SPRING BOAT/FISHING SHOW next weekend! :D My most curious question, how much do these things go for? (whats their price range?)

If anyone knows anything about this company and its lures, I would definitely be interested.

Their website is http://www.river2seausa.com/ incase anyone is interested in checking out their stuff....

:dunno: I HOPE some of their stuff will be at the show......I hope!

I'm most interested in the NEST RAIDER (I think its one of their newest products)... some of their SWIMBAITS (Kong & S-Waver), V-JOINT MINNOW JERKBAITS, (TOPWATERS) WOOD N' MINNOW, WOOD N' SLITHER....but mostly their NEST RAIDER... Thanks SmallieFisher :D

I got the Nest Raider when they came out early last year. Dont waste your money. We cant fish bedding fish here anyways. That bait was designed for guys to use on Bedding fish or just before spawn. I used it here alot last year with miminal success. Great bait but just not for here. By the time we start fishing them this bait would be no good anyways. I found it better for bass mid summer and for walleye in spring. Their Swimbaits are very good. I have all of them and fish them often. Little cheaper than most so thats a bonus. Topwaters are very good as well. The wooden frog works well when fished at the right time. Much like the Megabass Gatta X baits design. Their bubble popper baits are basically the same as Megabass and Cultiva just much cheaper. Their stickbaits are not that good at all. I wouls spend money elsewhere for stickbaits. I wouls suggest LC or Evergreen flash minnow styles or pointers if you want to go that route.

Awesome Dude!! Thanks!! :D

The "Nest Raider" should be pretty good in my region... we certainly can't fish DURING spawn, but once the season opens (and they're done their spawning) some bass that are spawning (the late bloomers I guess). So, it should be good for that... Thanks for the information though dude! :)

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

Yeah! Targeting any spawning bass is not good. I would not have that in mind or even mention it to most guys. I dont like to target any species while spawning. I will not even go spring rainbow fishing just because of that. I fish for them in the fall. Soon as you pull that fish away panfish will raid that nest and kill all the eggs. I'm not a saint by any means but thats no better than poaching or taking more than your limit. You seem to like fishin to much to start off on the wrong foot like that.

Second note. Here is where I buy my baits usually. www.tacklewarehouse.com You can use this bait for Bass just a $10 Plus bait will get expensive, better off using a lizard style bait. This bit does work very well around stumps and logs. I use it while fishing Baptiste, looks more real around wood as this is where they type of lizards would tend to be. Hope this helps.

I doubt you will find much of their stuff at the show but yes they do make a great product. The Nestraider is not only a bed fishing bait since it has great swimming action with the tail and a nice glide on the free fall. Pitching it into weed clumps has been successful for me too. I have also used the Bully Wa and find that it casts a country mile, has good hooks and you can actually walk the dog with it due to it's keel under the chin section, the front is also tied nicely preventing the rubber from slipping back and tearing like typically happens with Scumfrogs... just be sure to have a long strong rod with at least 50 lb braid.

JP

I doubt you will find much of their stuff at the show but yes they do make a great product. The Nestraider is not only a bed fishing bait since it has great swimming action with the tail and a nice glide on the free fall. Pitching it into weed clumps has been successful for me too. I have also used the Bully Wa and find that it casts a country mile, has good hooks and you can actually walk the dog with it due to it's keel under the chin section, the front is also tied nicely preventing the rubber from slipping back and tearing like typically happens with Scumfrogs... just be sure to have a long strong rod with at least 50 lb braid.

JP

Whoa?! I didn't know JP DeRose himself was on here!! :) Awesome!! thanks for the input guys!!

PS: JP, I found out the information from "River 2 Sea" on the WFN website... I only wish I had WFN @ HOME! :wallbash: :wallbash:

Gagnons has their frogs as well as Jp's and I beleive Fishing world. The nest raider you wont get here. You will find some of their crankbaits here in Certain places. You wont find much of them. You will have to go states side. I will let you know the next time I'm going down if you dont get them bu then.

Soon as you pull that fish away panfish will raid that nest and kill all the eggs. I'm not a saint by any means but thats no better than poaching or taking more than your limit. You seem to like fishin to much to start off on the wrong foot like that.

No no... its nothing like that. I saw a guy last year when I was fishing; specifically targeting bass that are still spawning (even though bass season has officially opened) at 1st I thought it was completely illegal to target spawning bass... but then the guy told me its ok... once the season opens...its ok? thats why I said what I had said previously.... i probably won't target them anyway... knowing the kind of damage that can happen once its "protector" is removed from the next... even if its for 3min...

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'