Whities Hunt - Part 2

Leecher

Got up this morning at 6:00am, looked outside the kitchen window and this is what greeted me

IMGP1740.jpg

-18C with clear skies, not too bad but winds from the Ouest @ 20Km :w00t:

We left home at 7:00am like usual and the plan was to meet Steve aka trout&muskyhunter, Kevin aka fishing 24/7 and his girl friend Stephanie. Met them at the end of highway 5 and proceeded to our destination.

Arrived around 9:00am and got setup..... the snow that had fallen from the last storm created a lot of slush holes between the ice and snow and made for a difficult walk. Wanted to target the same area as last time. Started jigging a Foxee tipped with a white Gulp fish fry and I hear FISH ON coming from my left.... It was Stephanie that had just hooked into a fish. The battle lasted for a couple of minutes until it surfaced. She hooked into her first laker and a beautiful one but being OOS, back she went in a hurry :(

After a little while without any action we decided to move to another area, closer to where the vehicles were parked. Got setup again and what do you know..... I get a hit & miss then not long after Steve gets a hit & miss :wallbash:

That was around noon..... the guys were hungry and headed for the cars for a bite to eat, meanwhile I stayed on my position thinking that the miss hit would come back..... it was just a dream LOL

We decided at that point to move to another area, on the south end of the lake, got setup, and not soon that my Foxee hit bottom I get a hit.... here is the results

IMGP1745.jpg

I was on top of a weed bed and the perch was on fire B)

Managed to catch 4 in the spawn of a minute and a half..... took a pic of the biggest, here it is

IMGP1747.jpg

My jig just could not reach bottom that the perch would jump all over it but since we were after whities that little action did not last long.... we moved to another area again :wallbash:

Got to our new destination and dropped the jigs down the holes and what do you know..... I hear FISH ON and again Stephanie hooked into her second fish but this time it got away and we did not see it.

She did hook into another one and this time she landed a big beautiful laker.... took a pic while she was fighting it

IMGP1741.jpg

WTG Stephanie what a real nice fish :clapping: Back she went in a hurry :(

There was a lot of hit & miss after that and did not land any. Paul and Kevin tried hard to drill different holes around the area but just could not entice them to take our offerings.

At around 3:45pm Kevin, Stephanie and Steve decided to leave but Paul and I had different plans.

We headed for our final destination, the spot, the first time we set foot on this lake last weekend. Did not produce anything except for me getting almost a heart attack when jigging and feeling resistance on my line, only to see that I had snagged a long skinny tree branch that I was able to land on ice LOL My PB LOL

All in all, we fished hard for 7 hours, landed 2 lakers and 4 perch

Congratulations to Stephanie for landing those beautiful lakers :clapping: WTG Girl :thumbsup_anim:

It's too bad they were out of season cause that would of made good table fare :(

Thanks Steve for joining us, I had a super time.... will have to do it again.

Last but not least.... Thanks Paul and Kevin..... where are we going next?

Oops... oh yeah... tomorrow eyes!!

Hope you enjoy!

Jacques

sounds like a lot of fun for your group! congrats' on steph's first laker. WTG!!

great pic';s and report mr. leechman. great read!

Thanks waterwolf :thumbsup_anim:

Was a little chilly in the early part of the morning but the afternoon was just nice and comfy. Managed to get my face sun burn a little

WOW had a ball with oyu guys yesterday!

steve thanx for the company. :Gonefishing:

yeah my girl friend BASHED our :asshat: with the two lakers!

not only that she missed 2 @ the hole and what seemed to be a whitie half way up! <_<

i knew she was GOOD but out fishing us! :worthy:

IM glad to see our auger is back on track we were able to get some jiffy oil mix. from a good friend JOCO! :santa:

thanx alot buddy!

GREAT day AWESOME weather.... the bite tho.......... :blink:

I had a blast too guys :thumbsup_anim: ...missed a couple but hey, that's fishin'...

I'm just glad to see that my 8 year old Kamik boots are still kick :asshat::thumbsup_anim: ...my feet were dry and warm the entire day even after standing in 5" of topwater :canadian:

Paul, Jacques, I'll see you guys here at the house later this afternoon......we'll see if the eyes can co-operate a bit better then the Whities did ;):P

GREAT REPORT ONCE AGAIN.

HEY THE WHITEIS ARE HARD TO GET..SOMETIME THEY ARE ALL OVER BUT USELY LAKERS ARE FIRST TO HIT.

AT LEAST YOU GUYS DID GREAT AND HAD FUN.

IT WA SUPOSE TO BE HOT ALL WEEKEND I GUES THE WETAER MAN WAS WRONG ONCE AGAIN.

JOCO

i gues the woman is the number 1 fisherwaman.. ;)

Having been skunked almost religiously the last three outings before I FIND THIS POST HIGHLY INSULTING....HOW DARE YOU USE THE NAME OF THE SKUNK IN VAIN!!!!!!!! :whistling:

Top stuff Jacques. Do ya think the ones that were getting off were whities?

You must be using those barbless hooks they've been selling me up here too.....lol.

Great report as per usual....very impressed with the PB branch too, not easy to get snagged on the ice....even more impressive to land the snag :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

Simon

Having been skunked almost religiously the last three outings before I FIND THIS POST HIGHLY INSULTING....HOW DARE YOU USE THE NAME OF THE SKUNK IN VAIN!!!!!!!! :whistling:

Top stuff Jacques. Do ya think the ones that were getting off were whities?

You must be using those barbless hooks they've been selling me up here too.....lol.

Great report as per usual....very impressed with the PB branch too, not easy to get snagged on the ice....even more impressive to land the snag :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers

Simon

LOL Simon..... I know how the lakers hit.... real hard thump but the hit & miss were more like it was trying to hit the fish fry instead of the hole jig... I'm sure it was whities but :dunno: LOL

Yeah that branch almost gave me a heart attack until I saw it surfaced..... that thing was massive and long :w00t: 60" LOL

Will give it another try soon cause I get the feeling that the smell will get washed away next time :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again!

:spam: :spam: :spam:

How much is Rona paying you for this Jacques?!? lol

Thanks for the report mon ami!

i have to get out for something other than gobies with the little one...

cheers

ryan

Hahaha!!!! They don't pay me enough LOL

Thanks Ryan!

dont tell me you work at RONA as well! hahah actually i am no longer there, Ripping Of the Northern Area we always said hahaah great report Jaques good to hear all had some fun and as for walking in slush, sounds about as fun as eating glass, we've been lucky here and the lakes are holdin tough, how big was that perch? 10 11"? looks like good table fare too, when do the lakers open?

good luck with the eyes too!

Matt!

Edited by BassAsin

dont tell me you work at RONA as well! hahah actually i am no longer there, Ripping Of the Northern Area we always said hahaah great report Jaques good to hear all had some fun and as for walking in slush, sounds about as fun as eating glass, we've been lucky here and the lakes are holdin tough, how big was that perch? 10 11"? looks like good table fare too, when do the lakers open?

good luck with the eyes too!

Matt!

LOL!! Thanks Matt... The Rona thing, yeah my favorite store to spend $100.00 dollars in half an hour for sure LOL

and for the record, don't work there LOL

The slush was inevitable..... the weight of the snow caused it.... certain areas of the lake didn't have any but for the most part, where we drilled holes last weekend was worst :wallbash:

The perch was about 10" - 11" and had a big belly on her :w00t: Should of stayed there a little longer but wasn't the targetted species. As for the lakers, they open in the spring, in April.... those are native trout and are the most beautiful fish I've ever seen.... real dark and full of spunk LOL.... can't wait for the season to open.

Thanks again!!

GREAT REPORT ONCE AGAIN.

HEY THE WHITEIS ARE HARD TO GET..SOMETIME THEY ARE ALL OVER BUT USELY LAKERS ARE FIRST TO HIT.

AT LEAST YOU GUYS DID GREAT AND HAD FUN.

IT WA SUPOSE TO BE HOT ALL WEEKEND I GUES THE WETAER MAN WAS WRONG ONCE AGAIN.

JOCO

i gues the woman is the number 1 fisherwaman.. ;)

Thanks Joco.... they sure are difficult to catch :wallbash: We'll definitely try again to entice them but those lakers seemed to jump on our jigs everywhere we punched holes :w00t: and too bad their OOS :devil:

Weather wise was cold on Saturday and today did not go out as planned..... was a beauty day, should of gone out :canadian:

Nice report and pics Jacques!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Man!... that looks cold!!!

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo306/b...09/IMGP1745.jpg

You need to be a little more careful about putting your fingers in those Perches mouths like that!!!... that thing could've taken the end of your thumb off if he really wanted to!!! :blink:;)

Thanks Glen.... It sure was bitter cold that morning with the winds blowing at 20Km but was nice and cozy in the afternoon.

LOL I'll try and be extra careful next time I'm handling one :lol::lol::lol: Thank for the heads up LOL

Edited by Leechman