Tournament bass guys - help!

nodie

Hey!!!

I was just kiddin' about all that stuff I wrote last night! ;)

I actually love Bass tournements and Tourney anglers! I also love the multi colored floaty ball cullin' system too!!! :thumbsup_anim: They're actually good for the Bass, if the Bass starts sinking in the live well... the little multi colored floaty balls act like a PFD and keep him from drowning!!!

... not really :rolleyes:

To answer your question aboot how I would weigh a fish Bassasin, I like to stick the scale hook in the fishes anal vent!... this keeps him from poopin' out any weght while I'm weighing him!!!... but boy do they squirm when you insert the hook!!! :w00t:

... actually, weighing is soooo 70' style! A quick length and girth measurement is today's style!... I don't really trust spring or electronic scales, but if I'm curious about a fishes approximate weight, I weigh him in the net... net and all, sticking the scale hook into the net... not the fish!!! My net weighs 15 oz, and i deduct that from the total weight.

Which brings us to another interesting aspect of Bass tourney's... ya ever notice how in the 70's and 80's it was "no nets allowed" lip'em only, but now they all use nets? I wonder how many tourney anglers had to get a treble in the hand or fall in the drink for that change to happen?

... and speaking of change!

I wonder why tourney's and clubs have reduced the weigh in creel limit if keeping fish in a live well and culling is ok and doesn't hurt the fish eh???

Yes!... I have a general distaste for Bass tourney fishermen, but it was born out of encounters with them on the lake and their own antics!!!

"Get out of my way! I'm fishing for money!!!", "Move off of this spot! I'm fishing for money! (it doesn't matter that I was there first)"... or my favorite nis when you're fishing a stretch of shore line they want to fish and they run that 21'boat and 225 hp motor between you and the bank, trying to make you leave! (are your faces red yet?) I know that all Bass tourney anglers aren't like this, but it has happened enough to leave a general malaise in me toward all Bass tourney fishermen!!!

Remember! When you're fishing a tourney... you're not only setting an example for yourself, but for all Bass tourney fishermen!!!

As for the original post to this thread... I still feel that the fish are better off without the tag culling system!

Limits are reduced due to many tournaments now having a "co-angler limit" 10 fish in the box can be a lot, 6 or 8 isnt so bad.

I have a general distaste for those that find nothing better to do than be critical of everything around them and try to be funny about it... over 8000 times.

But I try to keep my mouth shut about it.

I'm done in this thread. I've said all I can say.