a couple of whitey and laker questions

silvio

Guest gbfisher

If you decide to TIP the Williams ice jig with a minnow be ready to receive a ticket for having three extra hooks. It has 3 hooks as it stands. When you add bait to it each point becomes a hook. So you will have 7 hooks with bait instead of 3 with out bait.

Hope that helps.

You don't need bait on Simcoe.

Edited by gbfisher

Med shiners or dace for lakers. For days when the fish are very aggressive I prefer the small treble through the dorsal hookset for the minnow.

I usually dont tip the williams spoons at all, just incase it ruins the presentation it makes on the drop. But sure you could try it if nothings working.

If you decide to TIP the Williams ice jig with a minnow be ready to receive a ticket for having three extra hooks. It has 3 hooks as it stands. When you add bait to it each point becomes a hook. So you will have 7 hooks with bait instead of 3 with out bait.

Hope that helps.

You don't need bait on Simcoe.

My understanding of the regs was that 4 hooks (excluding the ever present exceptions) are now legal (a treble or dual hook counting as one on a lure, but 3 or 2 on bait), and that by adding even something as simple as a small spinner blade would convert "bait" into a "lure". In other words, adding bait to a lure doesn't make it bait, but adding a lure to bait makes it a lure.

Doesn't impact me since I take the dual hooks off so that they don't catch on the hole... and I don't use bait.

I wonder what a CO's interpretation would be?

Guest gbfisher

All I know is that they will ticket you if you add a treble trailer to a LURE that has one treble hook already and add bait to that. Counts as 6 hooks with bait or two with out bait. I know you can't use live bait with two trebles as well. Counts as 6 hooks. That's why they started selling quick strike rigs with a single and one treble.

Also down on Erie they use a lure with two treble hooks, body bait, what ever. Some add a worm to that for sent. That gives them 6 hooks again.

I know I can put 4 trebles on my Musky baits....but I don't....lol Maybe one on the top of the lure...Hmmmm <_<

Its' just the addition of bait that changes things.

Thats the way It was been explained to me but I could be wrong. :D