back to temagami

centerpin_drift

Finally Im getting the time of work to head up to the old homestead on lake temagami, and I couldnt be more stoked to get back out on that hardwater. Im staying in the central hub of the lake at my uncles lodge, Becca's Haven, where i formerly guided for a period of time and cant wait work the lake. I was wondering if anyone has any reports on how the fishing has been up that way. I know the ice is thick enough to drive out to the island but still dont know how frozen it is up the north/north east arm into kokoko bay and such. Has anyone made it out into any of the smaller lakes like cross, diamond, lady evelyn or hubert lake for specks? Im also fishing nippising thursday and friday morning before i head up to the lodge, anybody know how the ice is there? Has anyone used badboys for whitefish in the temagami area?

Still waiting for that invite bud, I'd say you owe me being as I dragged you around simcoe and gave up my waypoints last year :dunno:

not to mention pulling your suv out of that pressure crack of course :whistling:

Edited by troutguy

I'm sure Irishfield will chime in..

Well.... lol.. the only thing I can tell you is that my neighbour has my ice road and parking lot plowed right to my dock ! :thumbsup_anim:

Heard the ice is 12 inches thick in the hub and over around Island 985 (that's towards Hebert lake from Bear Island and just east of Wingfoot Island). Suspect it's a bit thinner up the North Arm. Northeast arm near town (my place) ice is 14" +. I'm sure the lake is safe for sleds everywhere other than inlet/outlet areas and narrows.

Haven't heard any fishing reports and don't give them much thought anyhow. Pick your spots.. drill some holes and find what you can. Most of all HAVE FUN!

Guess Rick hasn't found a buyer yet centerpin...

Edited by irishfield

thanks for the update irishfield. we've had buyers staying at the lodge throughout the winter but so far no takers. Im heading up to do a little fixing up around the island.

As for troutguy.. i certainly do owe you a hell of a lot for getting my truck out of that pressure crack, and of course for your excellent waypoints.. This wont be the last trip up, we should defintally arrange a weekend for us all to go and hit the hardwater.. this weekend was kind of last minute but theres lots of ice time left in the winter to get up there.