This Year's Gonna Be Different

Dnthmn

Got back from bringing my Mom home a little while ago. She had been at our place for the past week helping us take care of our son because daycare was closed this week and work wasn't. After we got all of her stuff into the house I figured I would round up my ice fishing gear and bring it back to my place so it was on hand.

As I was rounding everything up it hit me that this will be the first time I go fishing since my Dad passed away back in October. Things just aren't going to be the same without him :(

cheers to mom for the extra help . makes it difficult when daycare shut-downs don't coincide with work shut-downs.

thank goodness for my daughters' aunt , she was my saviour many times thanks to her flexible hours.

very sorry to hear of your loss .

Edited by waterwolf

There isn't a day goes by that I wouldn't give up everything I own to fish one day with my dad, he passed when I was only 10 and we were supposed to be going on our first ever father son real fishing trip that summer. He passed away in the spring.

I don't get to fish with my son nearly as often as I would like but the times we do are so very precious!

Family isn't great, family is EVERYTHING!