Nipissing Update

Mike01

I havn't been on in quite some time, so first off I'd like to say hi to everyone. Hope ya'll had a nice break over the holidays.

Nipissing has close to 12" in most areas. My shack is near deepwater point and I measured 10" on the first and we are expecting pretty cold weather over the next little while. I saw a few vehicles on the ice, and the waltontian in is running their bomardier. I was out for only a few hours but we managed a good bunch of perch, all caught on a live shiner. I plan on going out again on sunday so I will post another report sunday night.

Again, I hope everyone is well.

Mike

Thanks for the update.

I'm heading up to Promised Land Camp on the 7th, so I hope the fishing is still good. We had a great time last year and everyone caught some walleye, with an average size of about 3 lbs. We were struggling to get a few keepers. Even managed 3 nice pike, 2 were about 6lbs and 1 was about 10-12. Saw the biggest pike I've ever seen up close, being caught which was about 45". Lots of herring too. Still haven't caught a whitie on Nipissing, but maybe this year.

I'll post a report when I get back on the 9th.

Edited by smbhunter