Quick Lake Temagami Ice Report

irishfield

Made a mad dash to Temagami and New Liskeard yesterday. Left at 7:30 am... made Temagami by 11:35 .. picked up our neighbours off of Campfire Island and attended a funeral in New Liskeard for Walter Bowen... another of our good neighbours on the lake. A few OFC'rs have had the pleasure of meeting Walter... he kept the ice road thick and clean right past my dock. He was a strong and determined man, but unfortunately his cancer fight went from being Lukemia to into his bone marrow, the last month or so, and it was more than he could rise above. He will be missed.

I took a few shots on our return from New Liskeard... as we dropped our neighbours off as the sun was setting. Yes I'm parked in the middle of the lake! Minimum of 14" of good ice. Docks locked in good and high this year = minimum damage! :thumbsup_anim: Got home around 11:30 PM. Unfortunate we couldn't stay up there for a few days and enjoy.. ice fish.. etc.. but too close to Christmas to do so. Dano... you've got a LOT of shovelling to do on the "trail" when we get back up there bud!!!

If you look (really) hard you can see a second truck roof ahead of mine in the 2nd picture. Ice is good.. but we're not stupid.. parking = 80 feet apart minimum.

I'm not saying you can go at it, in a truck anywhere on the lake... not at all. If you don't know.. don't go. Sled is safe, I'm told, everywhere on the lake. I knew exactly how thick the ice was before I reached Temagami... or I would have never driven on it.

Edited by irishfield

Great report Wayne :thumbsup_anim: Sorry to hear about your neighbour Walter , my condolences to his family.

14" of ice is safe enough to me.... no worries driving on it with a vehicle.

When are you planning to go out fishing??

Just got back from a couple hours of night fishing and got skunked :wallbash:

Snowing steady down here.... supposed to get about 10-15cm's before it turns to freezing rain and then rain.

Temps are going up to +6 tomorrow afternoon :w00t:

Jacques aka Leechman

Funny part about the ice Jacques... Leah calls my neighbour to say we are 10 minutes away and he says.. "just be sure to tell Wayne to turn the radio up". Leah says why... he says.. "Wayne knows why". (can't hear the ice cracking that way ! LOL)

Not sure when I can get back up to fish Jacques. Wish I could have stayed and fished for pickeral and whities. Have a full cabin of guys going up in February for 4 days of laughter. Hoping I can get up again in early January.. but don't know if that's gonna happen.

Edited by irishfield

Funny part about the ice Jacques... Leah calls my neighbour to say we are 10 minutes away and he says.. "just be sure to tell Wayne to turn the radio up". Leah says why... he says.. "Wayne knows why". (can't hear the ice cracking that way ! LOL)

Not sure when I can get back up to fish Jacques. Wish I could have stayed and fished for pickeral and whities. Have a full cabin of guys going up in February for 4 days of laughter. Hoping I can get up again in early January.. but don't know if that's gonna happen.

LOL about the radio :lol:

Looks like paradise up there B) Good luck to you guys in February :canadian: Will be keeping an eye out for your reports :)

Merry Chrismas and Happy New Years to all :canadian: