New Years Resolution....(NF)

Gerritt

I quit smoking almost 3 weeks ago. It hasn't been easy - a lot of times I've had cravings, but in the end reminded myself of 2 major factors...

1) Health

2) Cost

I must admit though, I did collapse to temptation last weekend - So, I had one. Best part was, after the 2nd and 3rd puff - I threw it out! Gave me an immediate headache, and I felt really raspy in the throat!! I'm soo glad I quit!! I hope this lasts as long as my last time (almost 4years!)

Don't PLAN to QUIT, just DO IT and GET IT OVER WITH!! It's totally worth it!!

I quit last year on December 29th, so if I can stay off smokes for the remainder of the day, I will have a full year off the smokes and honestly, I don't miss them a bit. In fact, once I got over the physical withdrawal - 6-8 weeks of hell, I never looked back.

What I notice with many folks is they still yearn for a cigarette and quitting for them must be next to impossible. You need to do the research so you understand that nicotine and cigarettes are not your friend and what you think the cigarettes do for you is actually an illusion based on your nicotine additction and nothing more. Once I finally realized that the smokes didn't do what I thought they did, quitting was actually simple (although again, the first few weeks are painful).

I used the following resources:

Allen Carr's The Easy Way to Quit Smoking

www.whyquit.net

www.quitnet.com (sign up for the daily emails!)

I wouldn't smoke a cigareete right now if it was my last day on earth and I used to LOVE smoking.

Good luck.

Good luck gerritt,im going to do it as well,i have been thinking about it for a while,so now im talked into it,i did once quit for 5 yrs !!!! and on a big fishing/camping trip,on lake temagami i started again,man i was stupid !!!! plus its the right thing to do !!! so i will do it..cheers