snow all over new boat

allbusiness

Hey guys,

Went outside today after work to check on my boat, and saw that the tarp had ripped open at the back and snow got all over my rear casting deck.

The snow doesn't worry me but there are big chunks of ice that have frozen into the carpet and I was unable to remove them, I was just wondering if the ice could cause any damage to the carpet or the hull seams behind my casting deck, Or am I just being paranoid?

I threw a new tarp over top of it to keep anymore snow from getting in and I heard we were supposed to get some warm weather on friday, so I'm hoping it will melt all the ice that has built up inside of my boat.

Any info would be greatly appreciated I don't know a whole lot about storing aluminum boats in the winter time and whether the snow can cause a lot of damage to them?

Thanks for the input.

NO worries.

My boat is full of snow/ice most of the fall/winter. I still have it in the driveway ready to go. After a good frigid duck hunt, I sometimes have to break the ice off the hull/floor with a scraper.....lol.

If it can't take a bit of ice, its not worth what ya paid for it!!

Sinker

It will get warm one day, warm enough for stinky mold. Short of drying it out make sure there is decent venting and as soon as decent weather hits open it up and dry it out. CTC and Home Depot sell concrobium for mold control (it is cheap).

Look on the bright side. At least your boat is seeing water :P

forrest

This is a boat we're talking about right???

They're made to stand the abuse of water. A bit of snow and ice won't hurt a thing......don't lose sleep over it!!!

There were guys out musky fishing on the weekend in well below zero temps......I would think that would cause more damage than a little snow/ice in your covered up boat!!!

Sinker