Lake Huron

Hubbard

Hey, just wondering if anyone has fished in a boat in Lake Huron off of Goderich,Bayfield,Grand Bend,Port Franks,Kincardine area, if so what did you fish for? What did you catch? and what bait,Lure,Tackle did you use?

sorry for all the questions but I have lived here for 27 years and have never tried fishing on the big Lake. Any info that anyone has would be great, I am looking forward to the start of the softwater season.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

If you are close to Goderich head down by the salt mine and talk to the salmon guys they will prolly shed some light on the subject for you, the Canadian Coast Guard has a place down there, pop in and talk to the guys, they prolly talk to the fisherman a lot when they are all cleaning there boats, and there is a tackle shop up on highway eight. I was working in Goderich this summer but I did not get to fish it at all.

Kincardine I heard was the best summer spot for salmon. I also heard there was some smallies kicking around the rock piles down by St Joseph ( about 7 miles or so south of Bayfield). But again I do not know first hand as I did not fish it. There are a bunch of steelhead out in the lake somewhere as well. I saw a pile of Carp in the Bayfield River by the boat launch if your into that sort of thing

Edited by Grimace