the walleye are biting Bay of Quinte & ice report

skevys

walley2.jpgWell the bay has and still is freezing up. The areas that I have not mentioned are coming along very good and I’m almost 100% sure they are going to be safe by the end of the week. I am still not going to mention them until they are safe. I’ll keep you all informed as usual. The protected areas not close to current are safe and the local gang today were banging fish in Big Bay, Potters, Herkimer and Petes point. . The bite was very good for all that went out. If you stay in these areas you’re on good ice, but I know that you still should be taking a spud and checking as you go. It really does not matter what thickness you are getting but with first ice up all of the areas will not be consistent. I sold a ton and half of minnow’s to-day so I got to talk to a lot of people besides my locals that I always check with and all were saying that they are happy with the conditions and agree with me on spudding your way to make sure. This weekend is looking better and better. Let’s hope that the bite is still on like it is right now.

Just remember one thing if you do decide to come out on the weekend STAY AWAY FROM CURRENT AREA’S. If you’re not sure where to go check in with me before you go out and I’ll show you where to go and where to not go. For those of you that need my phone no. its 613-969-1035. I’ll be out fishing on the weekend so I may see some of you out there and I will take pictures for you all.

Have fun, be safe and bring back everything you took with you. ………Ron

walley2.jpg