Bancroft Ice Conditions

Ramble

• 2 weeks later...

I made it up North of madoc today. Didnt goas faras Bancroft. Small-Medium sized lake, 8.5 inches of ice. 3 inches off good black stuff 2 inches black/whiteice blend and 3 inches of white. 1 spot had about 1 inch of water half way though the ice. We didnt get more then 100 yards offshore. deepest spot was 25-30 feet.

-R-

Edited by Ramble On

• 2 weeks later...

Hit a medium sized lake for the area just south of Bancroft today. 6-7 inches of ice. 2-3 inches of of black with most being white on top. Looks likes it is improving. Only a dusting of snow on teh ice but the bush is just over the knee.

-R-

Oh i suppose i should mention I was talking to the lady at Hook Line and Sinker in Madoc when i got my minnows. Lots of folks heading to the small lakes around bancroft for splake, and Stoco for walleye. Not many people on Moira yet, but there is a few out their. More open water in the area where 62 crosses the lake then last week when i went by. Be safe out their.

-R-

Edited by Ramble On

We are hitting lakes around bancroft. Small to medium in size. Lots of white ice with a little black at the bottom. I have been watching the views on the thread and people are reading so i figured i would keep posting what i have found lol.

All of the thicknesses are measured with a tape, they are not estimates.

Might be hitting BoQ tomorrow morning for some perch, we'll see.

Thanks for the post irish. A little company is always nice.

-Dave

Edited by Ramble On

thanks for the update on that area Ramble On, the folks at that bait shop are pretty good people too, they generally will have minnows a good hunk of the winter, I am there a couple days a week in the summer :lol:

can't wait until I get the chance to head to my trailer for some winter fun :Gonefishing:

Edited by jwl