whats yours

Hawg Hunter

Very cool.

Why is it that we never catch smallies by accident on Simcoe in the winter? Maybe people do but I have never seen it. Would be interesting to hear if people do. They must.

Never caught a smallie through Simcoe ice,but nailed some nice buckets on Little lake while trying for eyes and crappies.

Specks/Splake are both beautiful fish and usually come with some really nice scenery. Pulling a few through the hole always strickes a cord with me.

Perch/Crappie are next on the list. Getting into a few schools of these bad boys in a day always puts a smile on my face and leaves me satisfied.

Lakers are fun, when i can find some to cooperate. Another beautiful fish accompanied by great scenery.

Walleye are a good time as well, but i'd rather catch 10 perch then 1 'eye. I see enough in the summer anyway.

Pike i don't target in the winter, and I don't miss them.

Last year we ended up with some really nice bass fishing for walleye on a weedline. They were a riot through the ice. Too bad we can't target them...but you can't stop them from biting when they do!

I've never caught a whitie through the ice before, but this might be the year. I have plans with a friend to specifically go chasing them on Simcoe this winter at least once.....here's hoping!

-R-

Pike I don't target in the winter, and I don't miss them.

I target them after everything else is closed on simcoe,whities and lakers.Well except perch and crappies.

There was a time when we would get some real pigs,but the changing of the structure here in the bay, seems to have moved them along. You can still get them,but nothing like years before.

I target them after everything else is closed on simcoe,whities and lakers.Well except perch and crappies.

There was a time when we would get some real pigs,but the changing of the structure here in the bay, seems to have moved them along. You can still get them,but nothing like years before.

Yeah

I remember there being more pike in the bay and catching them not too far from what is now the South Shore Center. Having said that we caught a 32" 3 summers ago trolling 15ft down in 25 ft of water.

Yeah

I remember there being more pike in the bay and catching them not too far from what is now the South Shore Center. Having said that we caught a 32" 3 summers ago trolling 15ft down in 25 ft of water.

I was talking about the otherside of the bay,,,,,,,,,what is now hooters Bay.LOL

You can find me there after the 15th of March til the end.

Edited by misfish

I was talking about the otherside of the bay,,,,,,,,,what is now hooters Bay.LOL

You can find me there after the 15th of March til the end.

Yeah I know what you mean. That was a regular pike spot. In front of the old Beatrice plant. I have never caught a pike there. Tons of perch. Several smallies, rock bass etc. Never a pike. Go figure. I fished there last winter for perch and did quite well.