Auger leaking gas

trophypikehunter

Steve.. is it metal.. and is it like an overlapped seam?

If metal.. try a steel block underneath and a ballpeen hammer on top to squash it together better. Nothing to lose.... if that dont' work.. well... I have some fuel tank sealer that could be used to coat the entire seam...but I can't ship it to you thanks to hazardous material legislation. You'd have to mail me the tank...with all them gas fumes inside! LOL

Oh.. yah... and try not to make too many sparks while hammering! :oops::stretcher:

Edited by irishfield

Steve.. is it metal.. and is it like an overlapped seam?

If metal.. try a steel block underneath and a ballpeen hammer on top to squash it together better. Nothing to lose.... if that dont' work.. well... I have some fuel tank sealer that could be used to coat the entire seam...but I can't ship it to you thanks to hazardous material legislation. You'd have to mail me the tank...with all them gas fumes inside! LOL

Oh.. yah... and try not to make too many sparks while hammering! :oops::stretcher:

The tank is plastic and yes it is overlapping but it looks as though its not overlapping properly in the corner, I tried to squeeze the bottom half of the tank to see if I could re-aline but no go so I thought it may be easier to seal it....thanks

actually you can fix plastic,,,many different ways,,,if it is a white or black plastic,,,try this,,,first remove the tank,,,empty and clean it good,,and i mean good,,,blow it out with compresses air and make sure there are no more fumes,,,get out your elctric soldering iron and slow melt together the seam(or crack),,,now that part is done,,,you can either use the little womans hot glue gun for strength or a nice two part epoxy....and walla,,a no leak tank

We have a plastic welder at our shop. Not even sure where it is anymore it's used so rarely.

It consists of a holder with a soldering gun style tip that allows compressed shop air to pass though it. This holder has a very intense electric heater in it. When it's fully warmed up you switch it to straight nitrogen from a regulated nitrogen cylinder. The nitrogen keeps oxygen away from the plastic weld. Its important to use the same type of plastic as the repaired piece to weld with. Otherwise you are wasting time. Did a few fuel tanks years ago out of obsolete sleds. But we opted not to repair anymore due to possible leaks and lawyers.