got back to the Niagara again today

NAC

This time I didn't get broke into while fishing. :thumbsup_anim:

I hooked a fish on the first drift, I swear it(roe) barely touched the water! Lost a lot of line in a hurry from not having settled into a rythm of drifts and trying not to horse the fish too quickly. It snapped me off.

Three more drifts into the same spot and I managed this one below. Was a nice battle but short lived. She's darkened up on the bottom a fair bit.

P1010523.jpg

About five drifts later, I hooked a real big brown which I never landed either. Would have been a PB for me for sure.

Then that was it, as fast as it turned on, it was over. I made about 30 more drifts with different colour/size bags and never had another sniff. So off I went home after a nice wind down to the work week.

BTW, I forgot my leader material and ran the same as my 8lb main line. Some times it just doesn't matter.

Edited by nomad

Congrats on the nice catch...too bad about the brown but with that current it can be a struggle down there!!

Did you only use roe? cuz they been hitting 3'' berk minnows/streamers and jigs ..... :whistling:

and if you need a place to park next time shoot me a pm

Streamerguy

:Gonefishing:

and if you need a place to park next time shoot me a pm

Thanks Streamerguy. Very generous and I may take you up on it since that first excursion although being very productive, it cost $400 to repair the damage. Maybe you'll be able to make it out too.

Jeff

She's darkened up on the bottom a fair bit.

BTW, I forgot my leader material and ran the same as my 8lb main line. Some times it just doesn't matter.

Great report and little tidbits. I guess fish are a little darker in the deep Niagara.

Back in the 1980's there was no flourocarbon leaders and many fish were still caught.

Nice little report,

ehg

good going on the fish, sometimes the river is just like that..get to a spot, catch or hook something first cast, then get a couple right away, and for the rest of the ay cast your arm off. :lol: There is a good mix of fish like in your pic that have been in the river for a bit and fresh chromers since the temps finallt dropped over the last week or so :Gonefishing: