Anyone get Tennis Elbow from Musky Lure Chucking?

Joey

I am a competitive tennis player, an avid angler and at times play golf . I developed Golf elbow 4 years ago from fishing and chucking lures on winter months. I was not sure how it happened, for I always chuck lures the whole year,and it happened one day, by 3 weeks, I could hardly cast anymore. It hurt a lot to a point that I have to find a cure before my spring tennis competition season starts.

Golf elbow problem is very similar to Tennis elbow problem. Tennis elbow muscle problem is located outside of the outer elbow muscle, while Golf elbow problem is muscle problem is from the inside part of your elbow muscle. Office worker who are too dependent on computer also develop elbow muscle issue.

The preventive Cure Aside from resting your arm, keeping the muscle ice up when aggravated and then applying heat to help it to relax. Your goal is to strengthen the other muscle that is beside the elbow muscle and create a different muscle memory for it, instead of the tennis or golf elbow being used whenever you get involved in any activities such as fishing, you want to train your arm and brain to automatically priorities in using the other muscle instead of the muscle closer to your elbow.

1. Rest your arm on your lap or on a table while watching TV.

2. Grab a tennis ball or a mini dumbell.

3. Squeeze the tennis ball or move the dumbell up and down with your wrist without lifting your arm off the table. Your goal is to focus using the other muscle of your arm. Once the other muscle gets tighten and trained to be used, keep on doing it every so often throughout the day. Your body will eventually be force to use those newly rejuvenated muscle instead of depening on the tennis or golf elbow muscle.

4. Apply heat to it as well to keep the elbow issue warm during winter months.

5. You will notice the big difference after a week. I got rid of my elbow problem within 3 weeks time. Never had it since.

It is quite simple , yet many chose not to be discipline to workout the other muscle.

For back problem, we need to work out our abdominal muscle. The abdominal muscle will be used instead of the back muscle during activities.

To effectively enjoy the hike to the Niagara river whirlpool, we need to strengten our legs. Lots of fish there and yet many anglers are not willing to face the challenging hike during winter months.

You got my drift!

Edited by bassfighter