Greencoachdog

Got the same thing as you, but I have the Canadian Topo series. Been playing around creating maps and such. Seems pretty easy. Anxious now to get my H2O unit 'out there' and stay messin with waypoints, icons, and such. Looking forward to it ....maybe this year I can go farther from camp without the fear of gettin' lost.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Hey Dog, I also have the MapCreate 6 for all of Canada. I loaded a series of retangles to cover anyplace I go, N, S, E & W, with plenty of space left over on one of those little cards. 1G's are pretty cheap and I picked up two.

Just before christmas I picked up 2 1gb sd cards from the best buy website for $29.99 or $39.99. I have seen them on sale recently but I just checked the website and they are no longer there.

They do however have a 2gb card on sale for $49.99 which is $70 off the normal price.

Yup ... I got the same 6 cd set for al of Canada ... I was talking to the Lowrance dealer and he said there is goning to be a new set of lakes (depth charts) coming out .. so you know I'll be near the front of the line for that one ...

But as a credit to the detail on these maps let me share a couple of experiences ....

Frst off ... the obvious ... while fishing a body of water I had fished for years I turned on the H20 with the map of that area ... only to find there was a little lake just over the rise (less than a hundred yards away from where I had fished .... which NOBODY in the area seemed to know about .... heh .. guess they do now :) Since then I have found a lot of water near places I regularly fish that dont show up on the normal maps ...

Anyhow ... this one really blows me away .... I was in Ottawa (Hull actually) attending a funeral ... and we got lost in the cemetery (not lost really but we couldnt find our group .... anyhow I turned on my H20 with the map loaded ... within a few seconds I was able to see which section of the 'drive' we were on and to see the route through the 'maze' ... I was shocked ... I mean I can understand all public roads getting plotted .. but this was private proverprty and every laneway was marked ... while leaving a cookie crumb trail so you could see whether you were travelling in circles .... tooooo cool !

Dont know how I lived without it :)