Port Posse

knightfisher

Port D what else can be said then what was said......I had a boat 2 boats ago that had a dozen dents from some shore anglers thinking they own the river and figure its ok to cast at my boat that was pretty much straght into the middle of the place.....even a few weeks back when we were very cautious of the shore anglers we still had a few OZ come close to hitting the boat...and it was on purpose of that I have no doubt.

I have fished off the shore there many a time and never really had an issue ( of course continual casting over ones line isnt an issue there I guess ) but get on a boat and forget it the entire dynamics change where some and Im not slamming anyone or anythign like that but some of the shore anglers think its ok to brush off a boat with an OZ of lead.

Shore trash in some cases at its finest

Dude it's not that wide a harbour, why bring the boat in there ??? if you want to fish the drift do it from shore, if you fish from the boat do it in the lower sections away from the shore anglers, if you want to fish the upper come fish on shore an drift!! It 's not nuclear science here dude if you want to fish the upper drifts leave the boat on the trailer if you want to boat fish, fish the areas the shore dudes can't reach!!!!! But don't run your drift through 35 shore guys or there going to get ticked, don't you get it!!!

Dude it's not that wide a harbour, why bring the boat in there ??? if you want to fish the drift do it from shore, if you fish from the boat do it in the lower sections away from the shore anglers, if you want to fish the upper come fish on shore an drift!! It 's not nuclear science here dude if you want to fish the upper drifts leave the boat on the trailer if you want to boat fish, fish the areas the shore dudes can't reach!!!!! But don't run your drift through 35 shore guys or there going to get ticked, don't you get it!!!

wow I cant believe you actually told me to leave my boat on the trailer lol........I dont even know how I can respond to that LMAO wow....Im still chuckling....

Many of us fish the winter months in Port Dalhousie, St.Catharines.

We gave our selves the nick, Port Posse.

We made it in our local paper.

From right to left,

Bing, Lee, Tommy, Brent, Canada (John), Knightfisher (Dan),

the name of the last guy ??? sorry, escapes me at the moment.

PortPosse.jpg

Nice to see the Posse make the paper.

:Gonefishing:

Hey Dan

It's me Chris Feldman (FishinFeldie)

Port D what else can be said then what was said......I had a boat 2 boats ago that had a dozen dents from some shore anglers thinking they own the river and figure its ok to cast at my boat that was pretty much straght into the middle of the place.....even a few weeks back when we were very cautious of the shore anglers we still had a few OZ come close to hitting the boat...and it was on purpose of that I have no doubt.

I have fished off the shore there many a time and never really had an issue ( of course continual casting over ones line isnt an issue there I guess ) but get on a boat and forget it the entire dynamics change where some and Im not slamming anyone or anythign like that but some of the shore anglers think its ok to brush off a boat with an OZ of lead.

Why would anyone go up a channel where they see at

times 30 or so guys on either side, chucking lead. :dunno:

The channel is maybe 50 yards wide by half a mile long.

Us shore guys fish the beginning of the channel maybe

using up 40 or 50 yards of it. I would never bring my boat

up in there looking at either side see guys casting, and think

every single one of them is going to see me and stop fishing.

I was fishing the channel a few weeks back from a boat, with

a bud Paul.

As he approached the shore guys he basically stopped far enough

away to ensure he would or the boat would not be in their way.

Smart thinking. I mean you have a half mile channel to fish, why

going in tight amongst the shore guys, makes no sense at all.

But then that's just my view point.

WOW

Edited by BUSTER

We are shore trash, but thats because unfortunatly we don't have a boat, sorry for my comments before dude but I can set you up on a pile of trouties and you will not have to put up with any shore dudes. PM the dude I'll set you guy's up on a few drifts ;)

wow I cant believe you actually told me to leave my boat on the trailer lol........I dont even know how I can respond to that LMAO wow....Im still chuckling....

Take me out and let me run your boat for the day dude, I'll set you up with lotsa trouties and we'll never bother a shore fisher all day, I know that harbour and don't worry the dude will catch fish! When the fish are up tight in the fast drift leave your boat on the trailer dude, you may be chuckling but I know the fish down there, I know what freaking runs there sitting in, I can call fish if I hit the right spot on the drift so don't freaking laugh dude, I fish that harbour 12 months a year, I know every drift in there hahahahahahah

This has got a little out of hand don't you think guys. Were all on the same team. Team OFC. Good luck out there! It sounds like an awesome spot, i'll have to make it up there sometime this winter.

Your right dude the whole thing is way outa of hand, if you come up this winter and see me on the bike don't be afraid to say hello!! Lottsa of steel in the winter in the harbour but streamers seem to be the answer then, give the dude a shout I tie my own and know what colours are work'in ;)

I will say it is ignorant for any boater to encroach on a shore fisherman's opportunities, I've had it happen to me before and it's not a pretty sight (I was fishing from shore). A boaters opportunities are nearly infinite, whereas a shore fisherman's opportunities can be very limited!

It's just plain rude and stupid!!!

Suddenly Port Dalhousie looks a lot less appealing to me.

It probably looks a lot less appealing to many folks. I think we should just let them re-load and let the Port D chamber of commerce have at least a tiny chance at trying to fix this.Getting your picture in the paper sure turns some folks into..well, just very strange.

Good luck, DUDES.