Loomis warranty

canadadude

Ok gentlemen , I don't post here often since I just found the site and I'm new the pute, but I wanted to warn people about how loomis canada is giving me a hard time, or a bum steer so to speak. I spent $300 on a rod last year which was great but unfortunatley it snaped on a snag this year, it was a great bottom bouncer and I caught well over 300 trouties on this rod. Enough said about the rod, I sent it way and was told to do the $75 expeditor no question asked 2 day warranty loomis plan, so I did that I thought why go through the crap and I'll have my driffter back soon!! Now I'm looking at 6 - 12 weeks before I see a new rod, so becarefull dudes loomis does not stand behind there product, look at St Croix avids you bust one of them a dealer will take care of you. You bust a Loomis the factory won't take care of you, $300 they won't even look at you, Loomis does not care what so ever for there customers

I broke my loomis walleye series last year on a 2.5lb eye and it took me forever to get it back to loomis...now they tell me I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks why they do some tests on the rod to see if it actually broke on a fish or not. How the hell do you test that? can someone explain to me? anyways like canadadude said, for $300 they should definitely stand behind their product. Don't get me wrong, best rod iv ever used but it definitely should not break on fish that are barely even average size. I have several avid rods also and haven't had a single problem yet.

I have heard the oposite with a few friends fast service and bang on... I broke a loomis rod and I sent it....Paid the 35 bucks and got a sweet gl2 and its on route back, the entire process took 2 weeks.

Now my experince with st croix was even better, broken rod left in the retailer 1 day new top end delivered the next for free. Personally I ll stick to st croix sadly though they have gotten out of the long stick game

When you pay that much for the rod they should send you a card every month thanking you for it.

The prices on some of the rods is just incredible and for the money that you spent on that rod you should have gotten much better service. They should send you a new rod and not ask you any questions.