Stainless Steelheading II

Paulus

Sorry to piggy-back off your post JDMLS, but I had to. It turns out that I had planned to hit the same trib as those young ruffians today ;)...

Knowing that steelhead can get pret..ty..spooky in clear water, especially after they've been stung repeatedly :whistling: ... I didn't expect quite the blast that Silvio et al. had this weekend.

Good thing, too! :wallbash: The fish that I saw were extremely spooky and skittish. Generally they avoided the approach even of just the float coming down the river... and given the slight 50km/h BREEZE that we had today, fishing with small floats just wasn't in the cards.

However, a wily old veteran like me still has a few tricks up his sleeve. The best trick: perseverance. If you know that fish are around, keep looking for the one that doesn't know you're there.

Another trick, jigs from a friend of mine. They work!

I didn't get many, but I'm happy with my day :clapping: . The best moment came when I was cursing the wind for blowing loops of line off my reel (yet again :wallbash: ), only to notice that my float had just been viciously tugged 6" underwater. Despite a frenetic fit of fumbling, I was able to get him nicely hooked, and eventually 10 minutes later, get him landed.

Anyway, I am heading out again tomorrow, so it's bed time now.... here are the pics:

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0083b.jpg

PICT0084b.jpg

PICT0088b.jpg

PICT0091b.jpg

Cheers!

p.-

Edited by Paulus

Ouains...

Tu sais, un moucheur accomplis n'a pas besion autant de liège et de plomb sur sa ligne..

AHAAH!

Superbement photographié.. Le rouge vif sur la dernière arc-en-ciel est vraiment étonant..

Well done brotha.

cheers

HD

To quote Adam Sandler:

"Words! All I'm seeing is words! Each one more meaningless than the last!" :D

Sorry to piggy-back off your post JDMLS, but I had to

No you didn't

But I will PM you next time I'm going down to fish YOUR pool.....I could use a good camera man

FYI....Everybody on FF.net lurks this board or is memeber... so reaaally......There is no need to post your 3 fish on both boards

To quote Adam Sandler:

"Words! All I'm seeing is words! Each one more meaningless than the last!" :D

LOL

It's our second official language... I do it because I can!

Wasn't it you that passed along the message?!

And I always thought that Spanglish was a bit of a chick flick... Last time I let a chick pick, I directed her to darkest part of the theater, just in case I got bored...

wuuuuut

HD

Edited by Highdrifter

No you didn't

But I will PM you next time I'm going down to fish YOUR pool.....I could use a good camera man

FYI....Everybody on FF.net lurks this board or is memeber... so reaaally......There is no need to post your 3 fish on both boards

woah! easy!

:blahblah1:

don't know what the issue is? To be truthful, only a couple of those fish came from that pool. The others came from some other spots on my river. By association it's "my" pool you fished only because it's "my" river :D - but you're welcome to fish there any time :lol:

:)

p.-

Edited by Paulus

Awesome fish, at least your creeks out east have a little water in them. It's really screwed up down south.

Actually, they are pretty dismally low here too. I was just lucky to find a few that hadn't been poked or spooked yet. It was hard work, and co-o-o-o-old...

p.-

Ouains...

Tu sais, un moucheur accomplis n'a pas besion autant de liège et de plomb sur sa ligne..

AHAAH!

Superbement photographié.. Le rouge vif sur la dernière arc-en-ciel est vraiment étonant..

Well done brotha.

cheers

HD

Merci :) Mais celle-là je l'ai prise au caviar ;)

p.-