Why Do I Suck at Stealheading This Year?

chickenhawk

Erie tribs have been suckin' this year ... early september there was a run but it seems to have gone now everything blows! I've also been skunked nearly every trip.. but that's usual for me. lol

my buddy got 7 the other day out of an erie trib........lower end as well......thats where i got 1 of my 2 pounders lol.

Hawk

I KNEW I didnt make that up!

Has worked well for me in the past, water level is usually a little higher down at the bottom and changes with the lake. Dave (JDMLS) and I tried that out this weekend and were not rewarded but it definatly has been a trend I have noticed.

good info Mike

Couldn't agree more...That's 3 systems this year that I have learned about hidden pools in the lower sections. Lower sections are bigger water and can be intimidating at first sight, but walk them when the water is low and you will be able to point out the deeper sections for when the water levels raise.... Then most of the time you will have them to your self, as others crowd the more popular easy sections up river, when conditions are prime.

Couldn't agree more...That's 3 systems this year that I have learned about hidden pools in the lower sections. Lower sections are bigger water and can be intimidating at first sight, but walk them when the water is low and you will be able to point out the deeper sections for when the water levels raise.... Then most of the time you will have them to your self, as others crowd the more popular easy sections up river, when conditions are prime.

A couple of those pools looked real nice eh?

That one with the logjam in the back has produced big numbers for me in the past, looked pretty good when we went, I still cant figure out why nothing was hangin out in there...

A couple of those pools looked real nice eh?

That one with the logjam in the back has produced big numbers for me in the past, looked pretty good when we went, I still cant figure out why nothing was hangin out in there...

Ya they were real nice !! The logjam looked like a prime holding zone and had good depth. Other than the HOBO and that DOE , nobody else will be down there come prime water, LOL .... Rain baby Rain !!!!!

Ya they were real nice !! The logjam looked like a prime holding zone and had good depth. Other than the HOBO and that DOE , nobody else will be down there come prime water, LOL .... Rain baby Rain !!!!!

hobos, deer and drunk kids in canoes.

nothin like floatin the pristine waters of the east