Shore fishing this morning around Scarborough

BigGuppy

OK I've been back doing my Masters and haven't gone fishing since September. This whole change the hour back thing has me awake now and my 6 year old is on my case to go fishing. I don't have a boat and don't want to drive too far. I was at Rouge Beach a few days ago and the water levels are really low there. Spoke to a couple of guys who said there's nothing biting there. I'll be using a worm harness or maybe some small cranks. Where is a good place to go fishing that's not too far from Scarborough.

I'd really appreciate the help I'm feeling the itch!!!!!

At the same time if York goes on strike like they are talking about I'll have plenty of time for fishing !!!

If you want to keep the kid happy bring a a wack of cash to Burd's trout farm.

Its not very sporting but with kids+cold weather usually = uncomfortable kids; especially if your not catching much.

OR..

if it is open the opposite bank of the campground is a short walk from the parkinglot. I don't know if it is open in that area though. There should be a couple of spots.......I never liked fishing the rouge in fall, it is in a valley and gets dark and cold really fast.

forrest

If you're keen on strictly sticking to fishing in Scarborough, Rouge and Bluffers are the two more popular areas. Bluffers used to get a good run of browns and the odd steel cruising around this time of year. Haven't fished bluffers for browns in almost a decade but from what I've been told by the locals, you still see a few fish cruising around the rocks.