from Ottawa river to St marys

tinbanger

As per his earlier post I hooked up with Tundra and Lightning last Thursday for a day on the mighty Ottawa.

Thanks again Rod ,had a blast with you and you dad and learned a lot including how to net your fish :thumbsup_anim: anytime

Saturday Morning yougest son and I were on the road before 4am headed to the Soo to meet up with Pikeie and spend 1 1/2 days fishing the St Marys.

Arrived at 10 am to find Pikeie fast asleep in his dorm , cell phone off .Luckily we knew which window was his .Couple of 'wanna go fishing' and he was up .Must be those late night'study'sessions.

Short drive downtown and a 10 minute walk past the locks

Huron

DSCF3081.jpg

Superior

DSCF3082.jpg

we are at the river.

My second cast something slams my chartruse cleo , few minutes of fight and man do they pull, it was landed .

Not the prettiest looking fish as they are nearing the end of the spawn

DSCF3078.jpg

Fish kept us busy with 30-40 on and 15 or so landed.

DSCF3069.jpg

couple of scenery shots

DSCF3076.jpg

DSCF3077.jpg

took a break for lunch then fished the after noon till about 5 , action definatly had slowed down .

Next morning (sunday) was cold and wet , we planned to fish till about noon.

On the walk in we meet up with a fellow fisherman on his way out with a nice steelhead ,they are starting to move in and we we see one or two that morning moving by.

a few more fish and we are about to call it a day when my youngest hooks what was probably the biggest fish of the day , unfortunatly it gets away on him and soon spools him snapping his line.

Luckily Pikeie was downstream , grabbed the PP line and managed to land the fish :clapping:

DSCF3080.jpg

That was it for the day , another quick lunch and we drive home in the rain and snow .

Spoons ( chartruse ,blue white ,pink cleos ) all worked well.

Pikeie was fly fishing or drifting roe bags with his float rod ,Numbers of fish caught were pretty evenly split between the 3 of us.

Next year we will go up earlier for the pinks or later for steelhead

Lots of driving some new friends and fishing with my sons , can 't be beat

TB