Quick Steelie Report and Splake Fishing Question?

Minnow

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while but went up to a trib for some steelies a while back, didn't see much fish but did manage to go 2/4 with two little guys, one hooked on a small spoon and the other one hooked on a roe bag. The fish don't fight as hard as they did in the fall but still nice to hook some chrome

Here are the Pics

DSC02357.jpg

DSC02364-1.jpg

Now for the Splake Fishing Question!

Never been splake fishing and am planning on heading out tommorow or sunday with my dad for the first ice trip of the season to stocked splake lake and had a few questions that I hope some of you guys can help me out with

What depth should I fish?

Do splake suspend or hold more to the bottom?

What kind of bait should I use and if I use minnows where can I buy them with this minnow ban in effect?

(Will be fishing north of Jack Lake, Apsley Ontario)

Any tips or help is reallly appreciated and hopefully will be able to get into a few splake! CANT WAIT TO GET ON THE ICE!

NICE CHROME BRO!!!

THIS TIME OF YR THE FISHES MOTABOLISM SLOWS DOWN!! THEY WONT CHASE BAITS(YOU HAVE TO BRING THE MEAL TO THEM LOL) AND THEY DONT FIGHT MUCH!!! WHAT THEY DO DO ALOT OF IS BARREL ROLL!!! SEEM TO LOSE ALOT OF FISH THIS TIME OF YR CAUSE INSTEAD OF RUNNIN AND JUMPIN THEY ROLL AND ALOT OF THE TIME YOUR LEADER ROLLS WITH THEM LOL

BEAUTY LOOKIN WATER!!!

way to go...great report and some nice looking silver bulletts you have there,well when we fish for splakes find a spot about 5-12 ft deep over weedy bottom or mud/sticks they will hide there and ambush minnows and small bait that will come by,sometimes we will set tip-ups in as little as 5 ft. of water dont be afraid to go real shallow...just find those things on the b ottom and start fishing...cheers & good luck