WNY steelhead

tipupesox

Sorry for the late report, fished a well known southern tier trib on Saturday. Water was clear with a little color in the deeper runs. Went 1 for 3 on a pink and white jig fly. Other two fish unfortunately found a few of the logs which lined this run. Here is a picture of the fish landed.gallery_407_465_31659.jpg

Im right near the corner of the other french and transit, (old french by antoinettes) this is getting eireeeee lol. And yes, ill be out on the streams all fall,winter, and spring. I was out this weekend scouting around some of the more local streams with my little nephew to no avail.

Thanks gentlemen for your responses, look forward to adding more reports in the future. With the dollar strenghtening, I am looking forward to traveling back up to Canada in the Spring.

Blaque,

My wife used to live in that area on Marranno before we purchased the house on the other part of town. My (2) step sons and daughter both went to Carousel Nursery School right down the road. I fish Cayuga every once and a while when time is short but much rather hit the southern tier tribs just to get away from the urban scene. Do any lake fishing? I own a 19 foot Starcraft Islander and hit Erie for bass and walleye and Ontario for the salmon. maybe i will see you on the water this fall .............

Yeah, Cayuga isnt my first choice.........and was actually pretty dismal for me last season, but like you say, when time is short.......and the gas tank is low, ill jump around at Cayuga to get a fix lol. I remember when people didnt even know steelhead ran that stream. Man, the looks i would get when someone walking the sidewalk above at the dam would see me playing a monster steelhead LOL. Those days are long gone, and i dont fish that area much anymore based on the crowds. Theres better water to fish on Cayuga anyway.

But yes, i do have a floatation device also lol, head out of Small Boat Harbor quite often in the summers for those Mega smallies, not set up to troll however, so my walleye fishing on erie is limited to drifting for them early in the spring and sometimes troll harnesses and bottom bouncers with the electric when they are shallower around that time of year as well, when conditions allow.

The only fishing I will do up in the village is the stretch of water behind the Elk's Club. All of the other portions I fish are farther downstream, within a five minute drive of my house. My mother-in-law just moved into a condo complex in West Seneca right on the Buffalo river. I forgot about all the nice holes in that stretch of creek as well, will have to give it a go when I am under time constraints. Looking at heading back down towards the Southern Tier Saturday morning. Will post a report if we have any luck ......

Good Fishing,

Tom

Yeah , theres some good water downstream for sure. One area I looked at over the weekend looks like it is not flowing as nicely as it had in years past. Ive spent alot of time searching for close to home areas on cayuga, and have found some nice holes, and ALOT of frog water lol. Ill keep an eye out for your results......good luck this weekend. I hope to get out sunday and will also throw up a report.